Options

A Pretty Senior

ScootersbabygirlScootersbabygirl Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
edited September 30, 2012 in People
I've had so much fun with seniors this season! This senior is gorgeous and says she wishes she could become a model. She was a little stiff at first (they always are!) but she warmed up and we had a blast! C&C is always appreciated!

1. Had some fun with sun flares LOL

i-sQzdK8V-L.jpg

2. i-9Nvtvfc-L.jpg

3. i-mTdnq5W-L.jpg

4. i-dSLxCcS-L.jpg

5. i-CPsVsPk-L.jpg

6. i-5RJxKjJ-L.jpg

7. i-XN6cVRS-L.jpg

8. i-pPqvVX7-L.jpg

9. She wanted to play in the rain - so we got the hose out :D

i-6Tdjcs5-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2012
    #1 - I'm a sucker for a good flare shot so I like #1. I'm kind of on the fence though if the flares are a little to distracting. Not sure yet. Good shot though.

#2 - You nailed the fill light on this one. Foreground and background are nicely balanced. I like her smile. I don't like the way she has her hands under her arms. I would have place hands over the arm, kind of under the elbow.

#3 - Nothing to say. I'm indifferent about it.

#4 - Love it. Love her. Love the dog. Love the post. Love the comp.

#5 & 6 - Nothing to say. I'm indifferent about it.

#7 - Love it. Favorite shot of the set. She is perfectly framed by the background and the leading lines in of the street. Again, really great job on balancing your subject with the ambient light.

#8 - I want to like this shot. Beautiful setting. Two things I'd change. First, I would have flipped her so she facing the negative space on the right. Just makes more sense to me compositionally (is that a word?). Second, background is a bit too bright and foreground is underexposed. I think if you would have metered on the BG and brought the fill flash up a bit, it would have balanced things out more. BG may still have been too bright. Only option then would to somehow knock the background brightness down. I once saw this black screen mesh stuff that was being used why filming outdoors. It was placed behind the people they were filming and acted like an ND filter. The mesh was see-through enough that it wasn't visible if shot at a wide aperture. Was very cool. I guess you could use something like that. I've been meaning to look for it on the net.

#9 - eh. All I can say now that my ADD has kicked in.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    ScootersbabygirlScootersbabygirl Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2012
    Cuban - thanks for the feedback! I was upset about how bright the background was in that shot, but I didn't know what else to do, honestly. I'll have to do some more research :D. The shade on her was completely natural - the house was blocking the sun - but that mesh thing sounds cool Laughing.gif.
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2012
    Oh... don't get me wrong. You did the absolute right thing by placing her in open shade like you did. I would have done the same. I just think the BG is a bit too bright. Maybe if you brought the flash up on her, it may have balanced the dynamic range of the shot enough to balance the exposure. Not sure though.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site