Attitude Metamorphosis - B&W

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited November 19, 2005 in People
This is yet another venture into a "symbolic" portraiture. Can you tell if she is happy, angry, deep in thought or simply distant? The reflections in the window, in my opinion, add depth to the photo. The reflection of her friend indicates some anger - did they just have a difference of opinions?

Attitude-Metamorphosis-DSC08743.jpg

Sony DSC-F707.

Technique: This is simple b&w conversion. The difficulty with this shot lays with a very dirty window. I used a very careful and gentle blur to remove the dirt and yet to preseve the reflections.

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2005
    This is yet another venture into a "symbolic" portraiture. Can you tell if she is happy, angry, deep in thought or simply distant? The reflections in the window, in my opinion, add depth to the photo. The reflection of her friend indicates some anger - did they just have a difference of opinions?

Sony DSC-F707.

Technique: This is simple b&w conversion. The difficulty with this shot lays with a very dirty window. I used a very careful and gentle blur to remove the dirt and yet to preseve the reflections.
    nice job on the window and conversion. I can't tell if she is angry or sad or anthing.. very interesting shot.
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2005
    Thank you Lynn. We may never know as she is a total stranger and this is a shot taken on a train. If do meet her again, I'll ask for a photoshoot. Keep your fingers crossed.

lynnma wrote:
    nice job on the window and conversion. I can't tell if she is angry or sad or anthing.. very interesting shot.
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2005
    Very well executed. One of those that make me go "oh, wow!"

Lee
    edited November 19, 2005
    Thank you Lee, I really appreciate the positive feedback especially taking into account this started as a candid shot.
    leebase wrote:
    Very well executed. One of those that make me go "oh, wow!"

Lee
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited November 19, 2005
    Interesting candid. :): I do wish I could see more of her eye, than the lock of hair obscuring it. Nice job of the background, negative space.

I tried to look at your gallery in the link in your signature, but it just drops me into www.microsoft.com and my MAC got scared and ran away :): You might want to check the link in your signature ne_nau.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
    edited November 19, 2005
    I'd love to see more of her eyes too, and will try to actually approach her next week (if she is regular on that train that is).

I've fixed the signature so you are more than welcome to browse my gallery.
    pathfinder wrote:
    Interesting candid. :): I do wish I could see more of her eye, than the lock of hair obscuring it. Nice job of the background, negative space.

I tried to look at your gallery in the link in your signature, but it just drops me into www.microsoft.com and my MAC got scared and ran away :): You might want to check the link in your signature ne_nau.gif