Options

Presley

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited October 3, 2012 in People
This little girl did not want to take pictures. I gave it my best shot (pun intended) and ended up with a few good shots but I rescheduled for another shoot after I get back from Costa Rica. We're going to try outdoors next time. That may work better.

Here are a few:

1 - She wouldn't even face the camera at first. I brought out Meatball to see if he could change her mind. He decided he'd just drink from her sippy cup:
DSC3026-Edit-X2.jpg

2 - Then he gave her a kiss.
DSC3029-Edit-Edit-X2.jpg

3 - Although this kind of looks like she's posed with the football, it's really just a shot I grabbed when she was getting up to go find something more interesting.
DSC3033-Edit-X2.jpg

4 - I finally got her to face the camera so she decided to stuff her face with her fingers.
DSC3054-Edit-X2.jpg

5 - Here she's telling me "All done". Not sure if she meant the cereal she was eating or the session. :rofl
DSC3077-Edit-X2.jpg

6 - Tried a shot with Daddy. You can tell how well that went.
DSC3080-Edit-X2.jpg

7 - This one I caught just before she starting crying hysterically. Literally within a second of snapping the shot.
DSC3103-Edit-Edit-X2.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2012
    Been there myself. Young kids are the hardest in a studio session unless it is right after they take a nap.
  • Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    I cannot imagine working with kids so more power to you.

By the way, a couple of these are really good. Why do you feel you need a reshoot??

By, by the way, Meatball is a pisser. One of my four dogs is a pug and she is, shall we say, strong willed.rolleyes1.gif
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    2/3/5 are perfection, actually. And Meatball is da MAN! I'm not generally a pug fan, but he is definitely an exception :)
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    These are GREAT! I think you can now start to write meatball off as a business expense. :D

Sam
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    Thanks guys. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I got anything worthwhile until I loaded them on the computer. The original plan was to get one good shot of Presley, mom and dad with their jerseys. They want to have it printed and framed. Nothing usable of the 3 of them but I just heard back from them and they love the ones I did get. They now want to do a full family session at the park so it worked out well.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    BTW, their favorite shot?

Number 6. ne_nau.gif

My Smug Site
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    Two, three and five are beauties for sure. Most times the best shots you get of kids is when you set them up and let them do their own thing. You got a couple of real winners here.

Personally, I'd do a 4:5 ration crop on the dog kiss (no.2) and get it a fair amount tighter.
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2012
    yeah I really like them! Kids are tough. I just had a session on friday that was probably my toughest as far as kids are concerned. The 6 month old cried every time he saw the camera close to him (it scared him I guess) and the 2 year old would NOT sit or stay in one spot. i mean it was rough for me even and i'm used to that sort of stuff!

I can never figure out why people (non photogs) pick the favorites that they pick. Its weird. it makes me wonder if sometimes I leave stuff out of what I deliver that they would have liked.
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2012
    As a parent, I would have loved #6, too!
  • Options
    Danielle MarieDanielle Marie Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited October 3, 2012
    All I do is work with kids,mostly toddlers, so I feel you. Now you know how difficult it is for me to get some shots! I had a little girl who was 4 with a mild case of Tourette's syndrome and the parents didn't tell me until I started taking her photos! Now that was an experience.