Options

Pretty Girl From This Morning

Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
edited October 1, 2012 in People
I could have spent all day shooting at this location. Unfortunately, I only had an hour and a half.

Except for the first one that I absolutely love, I'm picking images I'm "eh" about. Trying some different things and looking for opinions. THANKS!

1. I LOVE this one.

webJalinhs1-L.jpg

2. This is me trying to be "hip" and "current". I think I prefer old and stodgy!

webjalinsun-L.jpg

3. Another lit and processed in a manner I don't normally do and am not really sold on.

webjalinbridge1-L.jpg

4. The head tilt bothers me here.

webjalinbridge2-L.jpg

5. This is one that is just kinda "eh". I think it might be the hot steps behind her head.

webjalinsteps1-L.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to chime in!

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2012
    1 and 2 I like. The rest I don't. I especially don't like #3. Looks like a "fauxtographer" shot.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    1, 4 and possibly 5 for me. The head tilt bothers me not at all.

The others, not so much.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    (Disclaimer: still getting to "know" the new monitor. Yes, it is now calibrated.)

1 is very much "your" style - "old-school", but classic. Simple and well-exposed.

2. I actually like this one, except the highlights look blown (see disclaimer!)

3. Ditto. It's very bright.... Love the way you posed her legs though - elegant, despite clodhomper platforms :D

4. It's the smile that bothers me -just not flattering. Head tilt doesn't bother me at all.

5. Crop it in much tighter? She actually looks great in it!
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2012
    1 and 2 I like. The rest I don't. I especially don't like #3. Looks like a "fauxtographer" shot.

Thanks for weighing in. Two still hasn't grown on me. I agree on the "fauxtographer" thing btw!
    Bilsen wrote: »
    1, 4 and possibly 5 for me. The head tilt bothers me not at all.

The others, not so much.

Thank-you artist formally known as John Galt. I think the reason I don't like four is because I have one that I know is better. I'll post it after the replies.
    divamum wrote: »
    (Disclaimer: still getting to "know" the new monitor. Yes, it is now calibrated.)

1 is very much "your" style - "old-school", but classic. Simple and well-exposed.

2. I actually like this one, except the highlights look blown (see disclaimer!)

3. Ditto. It's very bright.... Love the way you posed her legs though - elegant, despite clodhomper platforms :D

4. It's the smile that bothers me -just not flattering. Head tilt doesn't bother me at all.

5. Crop it in much tighter? She actually looks great in it!

Re 1: Most likely why I like it! :D

2: Still hasn't grown on me.

3: See the one I like better.

4: Again, see the one I like better

5: Really good point. That is most likely what was bothering me. I have others of this pose/expression I like more and they are all tighter. I think one of the mistake I made at this shoot was trying to get too much scenery in some of the shots. The kids that attend this venerable institution (nicer campus than most colleges that aren't old and located in the East) are very proud of the campus and they really want some of it in their shots.

Here are two that I know I like for comparison purposes.

webhouse1-L.jpg

webjalinbridge4-L.jpg