Adrenalin CX cyclecross in Colorado

RevLinePhotoRevLinePhoto Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
edited October 2, 2012 in Sports
I am trying to get into the sports photography scene here in Colorado and figured cycling being one of my passions I will start with that.

Here are a couple photos from today shooting amature cyclecross hope you guys enjoy them.

2012AdrenalinCX23-XL.jpg

2012AdrenalinCX4-XL.jpg

2012AdrenalinCX17-XL.jpg

2012AdrenalinCX13-XL.jpg

2012AdrenalinCX1-XL.jpg

2012AdrenalinCX2-XL.jpg

2012AdrenalinCX16-XL.jpg

The rest can be found here.
http://www.revlinephoto.com/Cycling/Cycle-Cross/2012-Adrenalin-CX/25666746_k7VsrK#!i=2120099884&k=Vc5cQXt

Ryan
BMW Tech
Live life to its fullest you never know whats in your future.
WWW.REVLINEPHOTO.COM

Comments

• jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2012
    some great captures and IQ but I'd like to see some speed - did you try any panning with a slowish shutter speed?
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2012
    Love the last one especially, but I also think #2, #4 and #6 are great. You have a good eye for catching "peak action".
    1/2000th sec shutter speed is pretty darn quick - you have certainly frozen the action resulting in crisp images ... but at the expense of giving a sense of movement
    I photography dirt karts - top speeds 60mph. I can get sharp images of the karts coming towards me using 1/800th sec. As they are cornering, I will use 1/400th to 1/250th. Then I will pan with the karts going past using 1/125th to 1/60th.
    If you can get the riders sharp but with some wheel/foot blur I think you will have some awesome shots.
    Looks like a fun day!!
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • RevLinePhotoRevLinePhoto Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2012
    I did get some panning shots but only locations that the riders got above 10mph that worked for panning had horrible backgrounds so I did not post any up. Thanks for the comments, also for my using 1/2000 I wanted to see how the camera handled the high shutter speed and what results I received. Most of the panning I do I usually stay around 1/400 to 1/500 but that is at speeds of around 80-160mph. I will have to try and get my shutter speed down a bit and maybe use some ND filters.

Thanks again,
    Ryan
    BMW Tech
    Live life to its fullest you never know whats in your future.
    WWW.REVLINEPHOTO.COM