Options

New member - hi and question

dickdick Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
edited November 19, 2005 in Cameras
Hi:

My name is Rich and I am a newly registered user here at dgrin. I have had a smugmug account for almost 3 years now and have been taking shot from travels by motorcycle and other things that interest me.

Things are changing for my wife and I and I want a much better camera to capture upcoming events than my current Sony Cyber-Shot. The Sony has served me well and is small enough that I can carry it in the pocket of my riding suit while I zip around but night time pictures are sometimes grainy and I would like the ability to use zoom and other lenses like I have for my Minolta film camera.

Yesterday I received a small token of appreciation from my company and have the opportunity to purchase a Cannon Rebel XT. I did a couple of quick searches here and found a bit of info on the unit. What I am really looking for a is a site that will allow me to compare features of several cameras to determine if the Rebel XT meets my needs. I am not sure if it was here as a lurker or elsewhere but I found a website that did a great job of comparing different cameras and if anyone could point me in thaat direction it would be great. Also, any feedback on the Rebel XT would be appreciated.

Thanks and I look forward to sharing my pictures and picking up tips and tricks here at Dgrin.

Rich

PS - here is one of favorite Sony shots
3319936-M.jpg

Comments