Options

DSS #113 Make a SPLASH!

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited October 17, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Welcome to Round #113 of the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenges.

This challenge is for all dgrin members.

It will run from Monday, October 1, 2012 8:00pm PST time (GMT -8) on through Monday, October 15, 2012 8:00pm PST time (GMT -8).

The theme this round for your interpretation will be: Make a SPLASH!

Big SPLASH, small splash, fat s p l a s h, skinny splash! Make your splash interesting with lights, angles and uniqueness! Here is a link to help you get a look at different types of images that go SPLASH!

SEE SOME SPLASHES!

Hint: Its ok to think outside the box!

There are no editing restrictions this round!
Your Judge:
1 round 72 Hour Public Vote.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your entry is to be submitted directly into a SmugMug gallery. It's pretty simple, just go to the gallery link below, and follow the upload instructions at the top of the page:

GALLERY

Remember, the basics stay the same: 1 entry per person, and the photo must be fresh, taken during this contest period. Do not use a minimal save method (such as "save for web"), and your EXIF will be embedded in your image, no worries!

To avoid disqualification, read, in full, the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge
RULES.

Please note that there has been a rules wording change, so be sure you have re-read the rules!

Comments

• Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2012
    Sounds fun!
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    GeekGeek Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited October 3, 2012
    Anyone have Daryl Hannah's phone number? I have an idea rolleyes1.gif

MV5BMTgyNjg0NzI4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzE5OTQyMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

86606d1250709987-daryl-hannah-splash-bladerunner-darryl-hannah-mermaid1.jpg
    cheers,
    Edward in Colorado
  • Options
    alibi13alibi13 Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited October 6, 2012
    Splash!
    Perfect timing!9496500-Ti.gif
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2012
    I cannot wrap my mind around how people will not follow the rules when they enter a compitition. Every challenge it seems I have to DQ perfectly good images because the owner just doesn't read the rules fully, and follow them. I do not know who owns the one splash that has no name or title, but I hope you see this post and the comment I left for you. I hate to dq images people!
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2012
    There's also one in there with no exif info as well...
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,990 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2012
    We have a cat that likes to play in the water. He gets up on the sink (or into the sink) and flicks his paw through the water stream. He has a drinking fountain and I thought he would be a good splash photo. I was trying to get a photo of him drinking or playing in the fountain (which is on the floor) and got down on the floor and couldn't get up. Bob had to come and get me up. Unfortunately the fountain is grey plastic and doesn't make a good photo even if the cat is playing in it, which he doesn't do if I am down on the floor. He's too busy trying to figure out what I'm doing down there to drink any water. :)
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2012
    PedalGirl wrote: »
    There's also one in there with no exif info as well...

When I did my first Challenge entry, I was told I had to include with the photo, my name on the site, a space, a hyphen, a space, and a title. I hadn't done it quite right and IIRC I didn't leave the spaces. I don't know how important that is.
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2012
    grandmaR wrote: »
    When I did my first Challenge entry, I was told I had to include with the photo, my name on the site, a space, a hyphen, a space, and a title. I hadn't done it quite right and IIRC I didn't leave the spaces. I don't know how important that is.

Leaving your user name - title isn't the same as an exif. The exif info is automatically kept with the image and when you put the image in the gallery, we are able to see it by clicking the info button. Or you have to leave a link to the original image in another gallery if it got stipped from the entry via editing.

Anyway, it looks like the person who forgot their name and title saw the post and added it. That I am greatful for!clap.gif However we still have one with no exif. :cry
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2012
    JAG wrote: »
    Leaving your user name - title isn't the same as an exif. The exif info is automatically kept with the image and when you put the image in the gallery, we are able to see it by clicking the info button. Or you have to leave a link to the original image in another gallery if it got stipped from the entry via editing.

Anyway, it looks like the person who forgot their name and title saw the post and added it. That I am greatful for!clap.gif However we still have one with no exif. :cry

That wasn't what I was saying. I know that exif and user name and title are not the same. I did struggle with the exif information on my first post because I edited it in a program that stripped it out. But I was also told I didn't do the name and title correctly. I had done it, but not the right way. I don't know if I put the title first, or left off my name, or what I did. I just know I didn't do it right.
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2012
    poll will be up shortly!
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2012
    I voted for two...but great job everybody. I watch these challenges wave...up. down. left. right. in and out. You all did an excellent job. Two though ripped me, and I hope one of my favs wins. If not, oh well. It challenges us to become better, or at least design and think. I smell dog farts, time to walk the brood.
    Growing with Dgrin