Been to the horse tracks

OhadOhad Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited October 3, 2012 in Sports
Hello,
I moved to Rambouillet (France) and had a nice trip to the local hippodrome.

DSC0070DxO-M.jpg

DSC0079DxO-M.jpg

DSC0092DxO-M.jpg

DSC0099DxO-M.jpg

DSC0134DxO-M.jpg

N-Joy!
Ohad M. Somjen
http://ohad.smugmug.com

My Equipment:
* Nikon D200 + Grip
* Nikon 12-24mm f/4 AF-S DX, 50mm f/1.4 AF D
* Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8D VR G-AFS ED-IF
* 190XPROB Manfrotto Tripod & Cullmann 40300 Magnesit 3-Way Head Large
* I use DXO Optics Pro and Film Pack for all processing, no CS involved!

Comments

• AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2012
    I'll give my opinion (opinion does not equal fact/truth). I don't shoot horses so feel free to completely ignore anything or all I say!
    #1: I'm not sure why you took this photo. Rear ends of horses probably not the best angle. Very tight crop - the main horse looks very cramped/uncomfortable
    #2: Again very tight crop. The horses are walking "out" of the image. You have left more dead space behind the horses that would have been better in front. Rubbish bin in background? Second horse looks like it is sniffing the rear end of the first?
    #3: Again tight crop on left/top/bottom. Horizon is sloping down on left - needs straightening - but if this is the original composition, you probably don't have enough room to do that.
    #4: For me this is the best of the set, but again tight on left and bottom. Tells a nice story and you have left room for the horse to run into the frame.
    #5: Too tight on left and bottom. This is a very unflattering moment in a stride - very awkward. Love the blur in wheels and musculature in the horse - good sense of action/speed/effort. Very unfortunate position of the rear horse's leg. It appears to be part of the driver! Had a laugh!
    The set overall: Exposure is good. Variety of images that tell a story of the race meeting. My biggest concern would be composition is too tight. I had a look at the other photos from this race meeting ... on your website. Lot were cropped tight or uncomfortably close.
    Once again - you are only getting my opinion - you decide what to do with it!!
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2012
    I didn't read this as he was looking for a critique. My apologies if I am wrong.
  • AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2012
    Aaaah ... I may very well be the one misinterpreted the OP's reasons for posting. If I have, I apologise and don't bother reading my ramblings.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • OhadOhad Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited October 3, 2012
    I appreciate the critic!
    Ohad M. Somjen
    http://ohad.smugmug.com

My Equipment:
    * Nikon D200 + Grip
    * Nikon 12-24mm f/4 AF-S DX, 50mm f/1.4 AF D
    * Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8D VR G-AFS ED-IF
    * 190XPROB Manfrotto Tripod & Cullmann 40300 Magnesit 3-Way Head Large
    * I use DXO Optics Pro and Film Pack for all processing, no CS involved!