Options

Set default currency for shopping cart?

nigelbbnigelbb Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited October 3, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
My pricelist is in pounds sterling. My photo lab is Loxley in the UK as are all my customers. Why then does the shopping cart default to dollars as the currency? How can I set the shopping cart so that the currency defaults is pounds sterling?

Comments

• Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2012
    nigelbb wrote: »
    My pricelist is in pounds sterling. My photo lab is Loxley in the UK as are all my customers. Why then does the shopping cart default to dollars as the currency? How can I set the shopping cart so that the currency defaults is pounds sterling?

Can you let us know where you are, and which browser you use? The cart should be smart enough to detect where the IP address of the viewer is and display the appropriate currency to them.

ann
  • Options
    nigelbbnigelbb Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited October 3, 2012
    I am in the UK & I just checked & I get dollars with Safari, Camino & Internet Explorer but if I use Firefox or Chrome I get pounds. I really would prefer to be able to specify the default currency for my customers' shopping cart rather than relying on SmugMug figuring out from my browser settings or IP address which really seems an amazingly overcomplicated & inaccurate way of doing it when 99.99999% of my customers will want to pay in GBP. I imagine the overwhelming majority of photographers on SmugMug will know exactly what currency their customers will want billing in.