People who go to the cricket

TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
edited December 5, 2005 in Sports
One thing I love about going to an Aussie sporting event is the characters that go out of there way to have a bit of fun and to entertain the crowd. These guys/gals all turned up looking the same paying tribute to one of Australias best number 3 batsman David Boon. here are a couple of shots that I hope convey the fun they were having.

This guy was by far the most vocal (am tipping he has a sore head this morning.
boony2.jpg

Here is an overall shot of the group.
boony1.jpg
Cheers
David Clifford
Cheers
David Clifford

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited November 22, 2005
    Laughing.gif David,

They look like they are real fanatics. They really should look into some less obvious fake mustaches though lol3.gif

Nice captures and I hope no one sloshed any beer on you or your camera rolleyes1.gif

I didn't notice any barbwire fences, so cricket must be a milder spectator sport than soccer.....Laughing.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2005
    In the Uk they have fancy dress competitions at the test matches is it the same over there ?:D
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2005
    Laughing.gif David,

They look like they are real fanatics. They really should look into some less obvious fake mustaches though lol3.gif

Nice captures and I hope no one sloshed any beer on you or your camera rolleyes1.gif

I didn't notice any barbwire fences, so cricket must be a milder spectator sport than soccer.....Laughing.gif

Steve
    G'day Steve,

Fanatics yes, sloshing of beer no. They were putting them down pretty nicely and there wasnt a great deal of waste. yes, it is a pretty socially friendly game in this part of the world so no need for the fences and barbed wire.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
    David
    Cheers
    David Clifford
    edited November 22, 2005
    gsgary wrote:
    In the Uk they have fancy dress competitions at the test matches is it the same over there ?:D
    Hi there Garry,

Not sure if it was a competiton, but with the cricket matches down here there is always a couple of groups that pick a theme and get dressed up for the outing. Makes for some interesting viewing during the slow periods.

Thanks for the comments.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2005
    Ahhhh the cricket

whats not to love?ne_nau.gif

I'm thinking seeing as they are all covered in VB logos maybe they were getting free beer?ne_nau.gif

I love watching cricket spectators just as much as the game.
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited November 23, 2005
    I just want to know. What famous cricketer was pictured with The Babe?

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited November 24, 2005
    rahmonster wrote:
    Ahhhh the cricket

I'm thinking seeing as they are all covered in VB logos maybe they were getting free beer?ne_nau.gif

Hi there Rahmonster, I couldnt agree more. We have a twenty twenty game that the family and I wil be attending in January so hopefully some more shots and sporting photography practice.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
    edited November 24, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    I just want to know. What famous cricketer was pictured with The Babe?

Ian
    Hi Ian, I think you have lost me ? which babe?
    Cheers
    David Clifford
    edited November 24, 2005
    Did your enjoy the Ashes :D
    rahmonster wrote:
    Ahhhh the cricket

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2005
    gsgary wrote:
    Did you enjoy the last 10 years ? :D
    edited November 24, 2005
    rahmonster wrote:
    But they dont show the streakers anymore RM...that was the best thing to watch in the 70's.
    edited November 24, 2005
    gsgary wrote:
    Hi there Gary,

I did enjoy the Ashes, I would have liked to have seen a much different result but will give us something to work towards at the next meeting :D
    Cheers
    David Clifford
    edited November 24, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    But they dont show the streakers anymore RM...that was the best thing to watch in the 70's.
    Very true Gus,

They are a very scarce breed these days.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
    edited November 24, 2005
    I think we were lucky not doing so well this week
    TassieD wrote:
    Hi there Gary,

I did enjoy the Ashes, I would have liked to have seen a much different result but will give us something to work towards at the next meeting :D
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2005
    nice pictures
    You are allowed cams in stadium ?
    then why i am not allowed a cam in stadium i dont think so small P&S can kill anyone :uhoh
    i love cicket but only 1 day my dad is total cricket fnatic he says he can see 100 test matches in series and wont be bored eek7.gif
    Thanks
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • ed_hed_h Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2005
    Cricket in the USA (sorry no photos)
    The first Cricket test between Canada and the USA 1840's NY state is the first international sporting event ever held in the modern world.A history of Cricket in the USA The demise of cricket in the US was helped along by the imperial cricket council which believed the game should only be played in the British Empire.
    A dog is for life, not just Christmas
    http://www.dogshome.org.au/
    edited December 5, 2005
    nice pictures
    You are allowed cams in stadium ?
    then why i am not allowed a cam in stadium i dont think so small P&S can kill anyone :uhoh
    i love cicket but only 1 day my dad is total cricket fnatic he says he can see 100 test matches in series and wont be bored eek7.gif
    Thanks
    Awais cricket is the only sport i will lay on the floor watching for several days. I love it ...not sure why. I live next to the 'Gabba' (you may have heard of it) & no way will they let me in with a 400mm lens.
    edited December 5, 2005
    ed_h wrote:
    The first Cricket test between Canada and the USA 1840's NY state is the first international sporting event ever held in the modern world.A history of Cricket in the USA The demise of cricket in the US was helped along by the imperial cricket council which believed the game should only be played in the British Empire.
    I was watching the news the other night & they were talking about a cricket uprising in the USA with the indian & pakistan migrants children playing at schools.

Please ...anything but basketball :cry