Options

Critique my test composite?

kevingearykevingeary Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
edited October 5, 2012 in People
This is a test composite for a project I'm working on. C&C welcome -- especially with regards to anything that might be missing that should be added.

8049267371_ba506c4164_t.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2012
    well is this the size to be used...as it is simply a thumbnail.....too small to evaluate for me...
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,921 moderator
    edited October 3, 2012
    Click on it Art.

I'm not crazy about the pose but the composite is nice. It's simple & clean. The "lights" on the right/left of the image could be toned down a bit too.

Nicely done!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2012
    ian408 wrote: »

I'm not crazy about the pose but the composite is nice. It's simple & clean.

Nicely done!

+1

I think the lighting on the subject is perfect. Would like to see a different pose.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2012
    You asked. I have no idea what an "Ionghorn" is and I really don't like the pose. I would prefer a more conventional pose.

This could be any player. I can't even get a hint at his face.

Technically well done.

Sam
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2012
    Lighting is perfect IMO. Work in PS is also top notch. I don't mind the pose too much. It's something football players often do. I do agree with Sam that it would be better if you could make out who this guy is but I guess if it's a hometown football team, maybe people know him already and could make the connection. I also agree with Sam that blocking the L is not good.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2012
    i think its awesome! i love everything about it! except the "L" being blocked i don't think thats a huge deal. I like the pose a lot, it has energy to it vs a stagnant post holding a football. LOVE it.
  • Options
    jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2012
    I think it would be hard to see who it is with that pose as you don't really see their face. Quite a bit of wasted space being a landscape with a single portrait photo. The dominate object in the scene is the team name, but the player hides the L. For the style attempted (shiny, backlit, in your face, single light on the floor seemingly as a pedistal) the colors seem a bit muted rather than shiny / reflective as the scene seems to suggest.

...but not bad for a first attempt. ;)