Options

Most recent shoot : Christine

FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
edited October 5, 2012 in People
Had a shoot with this beauty a couple of days ago.
I am pretty sure I completely bombed the headshot idea, but I think we have decent portraits..
i-KT4HXcv-XL.jpg

i-pW4tZM3-XL.jpg

i-Mnz8P6T-XL.jpg

i-2grfRv2-XL.jpg

i-MpmPWps-XL.jpg

i-BqGv548-XL.jpg

i-dPRbxXn-XL.jpg

CnC welcome
Arseny - the too honest guy.
My Site
My Facebook

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2012
    Nice work. First set look a bit blueish though. Really like #4. You're right though, not sure these say headshot though.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2012
    She is a pretty lady...I think 6 is my favorite of these. I think they are all ok except the last one.
    ...if I had to knit, the skin looks a bit bright=lack of detail.
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2012
    15524779-Ti.gif Zoomer took the words right off my keyboard. #6 is iloveyou.gif. The rest are a bit (either) overexposed or plastic-ey processed for my taste. That can be fixed.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2012
    Headshots for what context? Makes a difference.

Frankly, I think they're lovely - # 1 is just awesome - although a little overbright/washed out on my monitor (disclaimer: new monitor, which I am still getting used to). Seem to be some pretty blown higlights, especially on the rh side of her hair in #6 (my 2nd favorite).
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2012
    thank you very much, all
    This seems to be my "thing"; I like images a little too hot. I, honestly, don't know why, but that just works for me.

Sir Cuban, you're spot on. I am going to fin the temperature.

mr. Reid, thank you. Funny enough, I like the last one a lot. it just has something sexy about it, something elusive. Can't explain it.

John, I hear what you're saying. Sadly, can't be fixed, though. I barely even run softening on the images (and if I did, it was only spot touch up).. She normally wears a lot of make up to hide the imperfections (which I fail to see, tbh). The most common make up is powder. that's the effect I get every time I shoot with her.

Diva, she wanted a few portraits for the theater auditions she is looking at. I've ended up having 37 portraits, so she has something to show.. but I'm not entirely happy simply because of how I handled this... shotgun approach worked this time, but I have to learn how to do it right. :\ back to the books I go. the full gallery can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/9rx3t8p

thank you for the warm words and constructive feedback, you guys! I've learned and grew this far thanks to you and this board.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2012
    What mode are you taking the pictures in.
    Standard
    Natural
    Vivid

Natural takes a lot of that glow off the skin. I think it is basically just a contrast reduction...so you could try that as well...also give it a bit more clarity in Lightroom and or a smidge of black point.
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2012
    i like 2, 3, 5, & 6 a lot. the first 5 could be warmed up a touch, i know thats been said already. anyway don't have a lot of new input to add but wanted to point out my favorites.
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2012
    thank you very much!
    Zoomer, I always shoot in Natural. Vivid does scary things to my pictures for some reason :(
    My Site
    My Facebook