Options

Aniela

JabfingerJabfinger Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
edited October 7, 2012 in People
Lots of firsts for me here lately and this is no different. The wife volunteered to sit this little one for a friend and then she decided I was going to take a few pictures so off to the park we went. Got a few decent shots off in between baby's sleepy type fussing.

Anelia-XL.jpg

BIZ3271-L.jpg

BIZ3283-L.jpg

BIZ3281-L.jpg

BIZ3259-XL.jpg

BIZ3272-XL.jpg

BIZ3266-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2012
    your 1st shot is your best effort here..I am digging it! I do think you could go about 1/2 stop more exposure and warm up WB by a few hundred degrees. the rest of have some issues including overly warm tones and overexposure. super cute kiddo though!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2012
    Nice job, I like the last one with the softer look. Isn't this a good age? They can't get away from you as fast as they will when they walk!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2012
    Agree with Qarik on the comments. Also the sockets are dark and this makes the eyes lifeless. You need a reflector or some flash fill to open them up.
  • Options
    BrettDeutschBrettDeutsch Registered Users Posts: 365 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2012
    Yeah, they all feel a bit too warm and overexposed except the first one. A fill light would let you expose a little darker but still keep the shadows under control.
  • Options
    JabfingerJabfinger Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2012
    The consensus here obviously is to warm. After reading Qarik's critique I had a closer look at these photos and I adjusted the color temp a bit and I think they are closer now. Don't know how or why, I always shoot in Raw/Jpeg fine, but the camera was set to jpeg basic during this shoot so I am working with jpeg's here. The overexposure, which I can not see with the exception of the fur on the stuffed dog, will have to be what it is.

VayCayMom, Thanks. I am fond of the last one also. I used reverse vignette in lightroom and was somewhat undecided on weather or not I should use it. I am so glad that Aniela's parents will be the one's discovering these things about children. I think everyone should have the opportunity. As for me I am happy those days are behind me now. After photographing Aniela the other day I started having flashbacks to the days when my kids were that age and I remember looking like this ne_nau.gif most of the time. I do think my favorite age with mine was between 4 and 9. They seemed to understand the simple requirements a lot better than they did before or after those ages. Here's hoping it gets better in their mid to late twentys:D

Hackbone / BrettDeutsch, The baby fell asleep in the car on the way down to the park and was not a happy camper when we woke her up. I did pull out a reflector which I intended to use but the flow of the shoot did not permit. The shoot did not last that long and I am fortunate I got the few shots of a seemingly happy baby that I did. I did learn a few things from this experience and will be better prepared the next time.

The entire family was gushing over the shots so I guess I didn't do so bad. They were not expecting the pictures and were grateful for them.

Here are a few of the edited for color shots. They look better on my monitor anyway:

BIZ3265-L.jpg

BIZ3279-L.jpg

BIZ3281-L.jpg

BIZ3287-L.jpg

BIZ3259-XL.jpg