finally shot "the goal"

windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
edited April 23, 2006 in Sports
i always wanted to shoot "the goal"...... during a live game.......

finally it happened.............

44629503-L.jpg

44629504-L.jpg

44705153-L.jpg

44705155-L.jpg

troy

Comments

• TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2005
    Great captures Troy,

Was this your young fella scoring the goal?

Would make a great framed shot on the wall.

Cheers
    David Clifford
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2005
    From the looks of it, it was a penalty kick? In those situations, all goalies have a hard time stopping the ball, but when they're still small, like this youngster, it's almost useless trying to stop it. That is providing the shooter aims in a corner, and puts enough power behind his shot. From the movement of the goalie, he did in this situation. It's nice to see the series!
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2005
    Good stuff! Congrats on grabbing it.

If you really want to challenge yourself, stand behind the net and try to shoot the guy scoring it! Using a relatively regular to wide angle and you can frame the shot with the goal.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • JoeLJoeL Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2005
    The images are a great thought.

Its awesome that you were able to get the "shot" that you were trying so hard to get, its always a great feeling to set personal goals and reach them..

I agree with Jim for sure, you really need to get a better vantage point where you can see faces. Even if from the side you would be able to get some faces and may be able to shoot tighter.
    Sometimes you cant help it, its just not possible to get where you need/want to be, we have all been there also.

One other thing that would help a lot is to crop the images and get rid of all the stuff not needed. What lens are/were you using?

I would recommend looking at others images that shoot sports, that way you can get an idea of what may help you in the future. I shoot sports pretty much for a living and I always check out others images just for ideas and reference. I have some Soccer on my smugmug page that may help.
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2005
    Very nice series and that last shot would stand on its own. Maybe crop it left to get rid of the SUV. Is that left goal post adding anything?
    If not now, when?
  • windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2006
    rutt wrote:
    Very nice series and that last shot would stand on its own. Maybe crop it left to get rid of the SUV. Is that left goal post adding anything?

thanx to everyone above for the kind words and suggestions...

its appreciated greatly!

troy