Options

Work flow, Pricing & fullfillment using SMUGMUG

vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
edited October 7, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I run in to this everytime and it is a little awkward and was wondering how the SMUGMUG community does it.

I am trying to utilize SMUGMUG's features for business but I am no businessman.

A clients want portrait sessions. NOW WHAT? lol

In the past, I shot the session. Post the images. They choose the images and fullfill whatever agreement we had for the number of prints etc for the fee....THEN I open the gallery so they can order ala carte off the site.

I have a PAYPAL drop down which I have to pay some to PAYPAL and then if they order from my website, SMUGMUG takes another chunk. ( that's fine because it is less I have to do).

=================

SO I was thinking...If I took a deposit I could price their photoshoot to complete my fee THANKS to the use of price lists. But I would have only a very limited selection of products initially that was actually the units we agreed on. They buy this, then I have to go and change the price list to an open cart to everything in their gallery. I could set up packages that compiiment the deposit to complete my fee: is this bassakwards?

=================

I see a headache coming with the holiday cards. I want to shoot the session post the images and then be done with it... but I have a disconnect with pricing, payment and using the SMUGMUG site efficiently.

How do you guys do it?:deal

Comments

• Options
    MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2012
    I show the client the images after I work up the proofs.
    They chose the ones they want for their package, and any extras, and complete the order. (outside of smugmug)
    I pay attention to others that they really wanted to buy now but did not.
    I finish the images to fulfill their order (outside of smugmug)
    I post the images they chose and online with my standard pricing for other family members or additional ala cart sales through smugmug.
  • Options
    vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2012
    MomaZunk wrote: »
    I show the client the images after I work up the proofs.
    They chose the ones they want for their package, and any extras, and complete the order. (outside of smugmug)
    I pay attention to others that they really wanted to buy now but did not.
    I finish the images to fulfill their order (outside of smugmug)
    I post the images they chose and online with my standard pricing for other family members or additional ala cart sales through smugmug.

I just wrote you privately.....

But I guess this is what I do too!

By " OUTSIDE of SM" what do you mean?

I still have them either create a FAVORITES gallery or write down the file names ( UGGG) and order them drop shipped through BAYPHOTO.

I can just as easily have them printed locally but then I wold have to go there, and then nasty business of handing them their goods. I hate this aspect of this process or handling of money.

Then after the gig is full filled I open the flood gates of commerce.

So my way is what people do anyway eh?headscratch.gif
  • Options
    MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2012
    For baseball it is all through SM.
    For portraits, I want to meet personally with people to get their feedback, in addition to the sale.
    I post after the sales consultation.