Mpeg Resizer/Editor

Darwin36Darwin36 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited November 22, 2005 in Finishing School
Hi, I'm looking for a mpeg movie resizer/editor, nothing fancy. I've been using Windows Movie maker. And this program would be perfect for me but is saves my files in it's own format. I need it to remain in mpeg form. So I can upload it to smugmug. I've also used Jascos Animation shop, it works but the files are turned into GIFs. But they have no sound, or I don't know how to give them sound.

I've downloaded many programs looking for the right one, they're all to big and expensive. I just need somthing simple and hopfully free.

Comments

• peestandinguppeestandingup Registered Users Posts: 489 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2005
    Darwin36 wrote:
    Hi, I'm looking for a mpeg movie resizer/editor, nothing fancy. I've been using Windows Movie maker. And this program would be perfect for me but is saves my files in it's own format. I need it to remain in mpeg form. So I can upload it to smugmug. I've also used Jascos Animation shop, it works but the files are turned into GIFs. But they have no sound, or I don't know how to give them sound.

I've downloaded many programs looking for the right one, they're all to big and expensive. I just need somthing simple and hopfully free.
    Hey Darwin. I use a Mac & you mentioned you use Windows, so I dont know how useful I can be, but here goes.

First for editing the movie, I use Quicktime Pro. Then, after saving the edited movie, I use an app called "iVCD" to convert + shrink the movie to MPEG-1 & the proper file size. Thats really about it.

But, alas. I got pretty tired of using crappy MPEG-1 for trying to show off my movies & have since re-encoded all my movies to MPEG-4 (H.264). You can read about what I did here.

Good luck!!
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited November 22, 2005
    perhaps...
    ...this?

http://www.virtualdub.org/features

(I have not used this product)
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky