debtoinedebtoine Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
edited November 20, 2005 in People
Some pictures I took today when I had a photo session with some of our friends:

tbm-web00003.jpg

tbm-web00004.jpg

tbm-web00008.jpg

tbm-web00010.jpg

tbm-web00012.jpg

I made a blog post with some more pictures.

Toine

Comments

• smittymike19smittymike19 Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited November 20, 2005
    ok
    overall i think the shots are pretty good. There are a few details i think you missed though.
    1. there are no catchlights in the eyes. the ones that are there are high in the eye. i think your light source needs to be dropped a tad.
    2. the shadows from the checkbones are falling below below their checks, giving them harsh shadows under their cheekbones.
    3. the little girls hair needs to be combed, i have the same problem with my niece so i know its hard to keep girls hair kept. you kinda have to do it right before and sometimes during the shoot.

i think you captured some great expressions though.

sorry if it sounds rough, just trying to help.
  • debtoinedebtoine Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2005
    overall i think the shots are pretty good. There are a few details i think you missed though.
    1. there are no catchlights in the eyes. the ones that are there are high in the eye. i think your light source needs to be dropped a tad.
    2. the shadows from the checkbones are falling below below their checks, giving them harsh shadows under their cheekbones.
    3. the little girls hair needs to be combed, i have the same problem with my niece so i know its hard to keep girls hair kept. you kinda have to do it right before and sometimes during the shoot.

i think you captured some great expressions though.

sorry if it sounds rough, just trying to help.

Thanks, I appreciate your honest feedback. When the girl was sitting on the floor, I dropped my lights as low as I could.

We combed her hair right before, and once or twice during... but she was quite energetic ;)

T
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2005
    Hi, Debtoine
    I love the photos of the little girl.
    I think maybe a tall stool for the little girl
    with the parents standing up in the family photo might have
    worked better. She is leaning forward and leaning to one side so,
    it kinda looks odd.

Take Care,
    Chuck Cassidy,
    Marshall, NC