Options

Lightroom "photobooth" print options

ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
edited October 8, 2012 in Digital Darkroom
If this has been answered, please link me to the proper thread/post as I didn't find anything specifically related to this. It may be a simple "no that's not possible" too heh

TLDR: read the bottom section for the *actual* question

Back in June I ran a make-shift photobooth for my sisters wedding, where I shot tethered to my laptop and just printed to a 4x6 card.

What I was after was being able to take 3 shots, printing 2 of each photo on each 4x6 card and then cut it in half, one half for the people to take with them and the other half for a book belonging to the bride and groom.

I was able to tether and shoot and print with no issues, but I had to manually select each image and drag it into the proper box on the 4x6 layout twice. Having to drag each image twice onto the layout drastically slowed down my ability to keep up with the shooting and printing. Once the food and such started, I was able to catch up, but telling people to come back in 10+ minutes or more because I can't keep up with the printing side and shoot didn't feel right. It was a laid back environment since I knew everyone, but if I did something like that for a paying client, I want a better option.

Is there a way to have Lightroom or even photoshop automate filling out a printing layout with images as they come in from a tethered shoot? Otherwise I'll have to enlist my brother or someone to manage the computer side while I shoot.