Options

Kelsey

jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
edited October 12, 2012 in People
These are her 5 picks from our senior portrait session. They have not been retouched yet. C&C welcome. Thanks for looking!

5D35713-X2.jpg

5D35714-X2.jpg

5D35718-X2.jpg

5D35723-X2.jpg

5D35844-X2.jpg

and one just for fun:
5D35878-X2.jpg
-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.

Comments

• Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2012
    Those colors really work well against the green background of the grass. Nice wardrobe selection!

Frankly, I thing six is my favorite of the bunch and I like five a whole lot too

I really wish that in 2,3 and 4, that her hand wasn't balled up into a fist and I could see fingers.
  • Options
    GothamGotham Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2012
    Nice set. I agree with Bryce -- 6 is my favorite too, though I like #1 a lot too. I think her face is picking up a lot of green light reflecting off the grass -- when you retouch, maybe add a bit of magenta tone to the shots. #4 is the worst offender to my eye.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 9, 2012
    5 and 6 for me, and also 4. I'm not a fan of the high angles in the first three as they make her look diminutive. Otherwise, very nice colors and background separation in these. thumb.gif
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2012
    5 is gorgeous and 6 is plain fun. I also like 3. 4 is the only one that doesn't really work for me - not crazy about the shoes in this pose (it seems to work better barefooted or with trendy heels). Love the colours in her dress!
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2012
    Thanks everyone.
    Those colors really work well against the green background of the grass. Nice wardrobe selection!

Frankly, I thing six is my favorite of the bunch and I like five a whole lot too

I really wish that in 2,3 and 4, that her hand wasn't balled up into a fist and I could see fingers.

I hadn't noticed the fist, but now that you say it, I agree in 2 and 3. In 4 I think it's more relaxed, so I think it passes. I love 6, but she has only been playing for about 6 months, so it's not like the uke defines her. I understand why she didn't pick it. I'd like to make an album cover out of it though.
    kdog wrote: »
    5 and 6 for me, and also 4. I'm not a fan of the high angles in the first three as they make her look diminutive. Otherwise, very nice colors and background separation in these. thumb.gif

I agree about 2 and 3, I was surprised she picked them, but I love 1, I don't see the diminutiveness ne_nau.gif. 1 was inspired by the frame fillers thread here.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2012
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2012
    great stuff over all..I love the color/pattern of her dress though not the style. I do think a slight vignette on these would benefit them the images
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2012
    thanks. I agree about a vignette.
    -Jack

• Options
    kevingearykevingeary Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2012
    I disagree. The outfit is god awful.