The Photographer - A Tribute

RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
edited October 12, 2012 in Street and Documentary
IMG4507-XL.jpg

I love the idea that everyone has a camera. I love that so many people are learning how to see, and how to share what they see. It doesn't matter if you're lugging around an 8x10 or an iPhone. In my eyes they are both equal. More images are uploaded in a month than one person can look at in a lifetime. How cool is that?

Some musical inspiration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G5JaicYuVU
Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
Website | Galleries | Utah PJs

Comments

• michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2012
    Ryan, well played. Extremely well played. Love the shot, love the linked video. People. I strongly encourage you to look at his website link. There are some f'ing fantastic shots there. I'm guessing they might not all be his (unless he's on Mars with the Curiosity Rover). But it's good stuff (I haven't read the text, just looked at the pictures).

Oh, and go create!
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2012
    Really lovely image, Ryan, though I would either try to pull some detail out in the woman's image, or burn her down even further.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2012
    michswiss wrote: »
    Ryan, well played. Extremely well played. Love the shot, love the linked video. People. I strongly encourage you to look at his website link. There are some f'ing fantastic shots there. I'm guessing they might not all be his (unless he's on Mars with the Curiosity Rover). But it's good stuff (I haven't read the text, just looked at the pictures).

Oh, and go create!

Aw, shucks. Thank you for the kind words. If there isn't a notice of ownership on the bottom of the post, it is me. If you want to know a secret, I don't expect anyone to read the text. That's for Google to read. My hope is that people will sort of skip past it and just look at the images. SEO is a modern reality. Ask Eric Kim and his "Top X Tips for Y Photographers" posts.
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Really lovely image, Ryan, though I would either try to pull some detail out in the woman's image, or burn her down even further.

Yes. I know exactly what you mean. It seems to be different on each monitor. On my main system it seems great, just a hint of detail. Another PC shows too much detail. Another one, it looks like a perfect silhouette.

My intention is to have just a tiny hint of detail. I didn't want to bring it all the way to black. I'm probably going to have to print it to get a consistent viewing experience. I bet it takes a dozen attempts before I get it looking right.
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2012
    Nice Ryan... thumb.gif
    Rags
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2012