Options

maternity couple

VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
edited October 18, 2012 in People
This gal is the former Miss Maine 2003, her husband is from Romania. The baby showed up 7 days later and she is a beauty too!

i-R8prMbF-L.jpg

i-xrLcgR4-L.jpg

i-xwgjJcR-L.jpg

i-7hjmrKx-L.jpg
Trudy
www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700

Comments

• Options
    unique93unique93 Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited October 13, 2012
    nice photos, but too much retouching :)
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2012
    unique93 wrote: »
    nice photos, but too much retouching :)
    Thanks for the input, I sometimes don't know when to stop. It is an ongoing conversation in my head.
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2012
    Really like the infant shot. You always amaze me with your newborn shots, they're so good.

The third one is amusing. Was the hubby trying to give himself a "baby bump" too?
  • Options
    stphotographystphotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2012
    Very nice, beautiful and human set. And an excellent photo work!
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2012
    Really like the infant shot. You always amaze me with your newborn shots, they're so good.

The third one is amusing. Was the hubby trying to give himself a "baby bump" too?

No he wasn't lol I didn't even really notice!rolleyes1.gif

thank you very much for the compliment.
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2012
    Very nice, beautiful and human set. And an excellent photo work!

Thank you so much for your time and comment . I used a beauty light for the first time and I love the effect!
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2012
    retouching is more than my taste but i don't think it looks bad at all...gives the photos a softer feel, and its part of your style i've noticed. i like 2 a lot! number 3 and 4 i also really like, but minor nit..the wb seems mixed, like two different light sources but not one dominating one. anyway beautiful otherwise. I bet 3 would be awesome in b&w!
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2012
    lilmomma wrote: »
    retouching is more than my taste but i don't think it looks bad at all...gives the photos a softer feel, and its part of your style i've noticed. i like 2 a lot! number 3 and 4 i also really like, but minor nit..the wb seems mixed, like two different light sources but not one dominating one. anyway beautiful otherwise. I bet 3 would be awesome in b&w!

Thank you, your input is thoughtful and helpful . I used a beauty light in some of these, it mostly just gives the eyes come catchlights. I did 3 in b&w as well, it looked great. #1 is way way smooth but I really like that one over smoothed.

Sometimes I look at my photos or others and I wonder what is that one thing , the one tweak that makes others look "polished" or gives them that little push that says PRO PHOTO! Can't put my finger on it but I feel sometimes I need it. Sometimes a vingnette does it, but not always. Thanks for commenting
    Trudy

NIKON D700