Options

Good value in a digital camera? 100-200$

ericnericn Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited November 20, 2005 in Cameras
Good value in a digital camera. 100-200$

Hello! My name is Eric. I have just recently begun taking pictures of the camp I am working at. I don't own a digital camera but my friend has allowed me to borrow his digital camera and take some pictures. I love it. It is really relaxing and fun!

I have made a smugmug gallery. Feel free to check it out. I would love some constructive criticism.

http://ericn.smugmug.com/

I want to invest 100-200$ into buying a digital camera. I have no real past experience with digital photography but want to get going with a camera that I will be happy with down the road when I have a bit more experience.

But I am so confused. I have no clue what makes a good digital camera. I want a camera that can take clear high quality pictures and isn't to large. I know the quality of your pictures is not soly based on the camera. You need to know how to use the features of the camera as well not to mention the environment you are in, and your skill.

I would appreciate any advise. I would be willing to spend more money than 100-200$ but if possible I would love to get a camera that will do me well for 100-200$.

Thank you in advance for your advise!

Eric

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2005
    Eric if it was me i would just spend the $200 on a canon like the A510 or A520 if that one is avail in the US (assuming you are in the US). The camera works well & has decent software.
  • Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Eric if it was me i would just spend the $200 on a canon like the A510 or A520 if that one is avail in the US (assuming you are in the US). The camera works well & has decent software.
    I got my wife the a510 earlier this year for about $200 so she could have a camera instead of just holding my bag while I'm shooting:D

It's a nice camera and has alot of manual controls so you can learn to take pics rather than the camera taking them for you in full auto. It's small, inexpensive, and very capable.

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    jkelly25jkelly25 Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited November 20, 2005
    I agree with the recommendation for the Canon 510 or 520. My daughter has the Canon A70, which is a predecessor to these cameras. It takes great pictures and has fully manual controls.

Joe
    Joe Kelly
    New Jersey