Options

River Usk White water kayaking

SimonMWSimonMW Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
edited October 16, 2012 in Sports
I haven't had the confidence to take my DSLR white water kayaking until today. I took it in a Pelicase, which fitted nicely against the front bulkhead.

It was pretty cold at -5, but the light was wonderful. The river was the River Usk in Wales, UK near a place called Llangynidr.

Canon EOS 60D, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 (non IS version). I would have liked to have taken another wider lens with me, but it is tricky to find space. I missed a few amazing shots looking up river as a result though.

1) River-Usk-Mill-Falls-14th-L.jpg

2) River-Usk-Mill-Falls-14th-L.jpg

3) River-Usk-Mill-Falls-14th-L.jpg

4) River-Usk-Mill-Falls-14th-L.jpg

5) River-Usk-Mill-Falls-14th-L.jpg

6) River-Usk-Mill-Falls-14th-L.jpg

7) River-Usk-Mill-Falls-14th-L.jpg

8) River-Usk-Mill-Falls-14th-L.jpg

9) River-Usk-Mill-Falls-14th-L.jpg

10) River-Usk-Mill-Falls-14th-L.jpg
My website
My Smugmug gallery
Pentax K10D
Canon 60D

Comments

• Options
    ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2012
    Am I the only one that was totally surprised to see windows in the last picture? I'm thinking... wow this is cool, out in the wilderness taking kayak pictures.. awesome.. and then what? windows? People can kayak in town?? that's excellent. I totally like the Big Dog picture. You should stick one of these in the "Splash" contest. (unless you did already).
    anna
  • Options
    SimonMWSimonMW Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2012
    ASkip wrote: »
    Am I the only one that was totally surprised to see windows in the last picture? I'm thinking... wow this is cool, out in the wilderness taking kayak pictures.. awesome.. and then what? windows? People can kayak in town?? that's excellent. I totally like the Big Dog picture. You should stick one of these in the "Splash" contest. (unless you did already).
    anna

Hehe! It is in the Welsh mountains. The building is now a holiday cottage, but used to be an old mill. There is a small village a couple of miles nearby though.
    My website
    My Smugmug gallery
    Pentax K10D
    Canon 60D
  • Options
    JSPhotographyJSPhotography Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2012
    Very nice work