Options

#113 - Help! I can't decide!

PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
edited October 15, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
OK... so I've spent the better part of the last 4 days in the dark... these are my favorites for the challenge. Would sure appreciate some help with deciding.

1. (kinda reminds me of the golden globes statue)
untitled-shoot-019-L.jpg

untitled-shoot-064-Edit-L.jpg

Splash1014-176-Edit-L.jpg

Splash1014-344-L.jpg

Splash1014-509-L.jpg

Splash1014-525-L.jpg

Splash1014-529-L.jpg

Splash1014-652-Edit-L.jpg
Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2012
    PedalGirl wrote: »
    OK... so I've spent the better part of the last 4 days in the dark... these are my favorites for the challenge. Would sure appreciate some help with deciding.

These are so cool! My favs are 4, 5 and 7. If that helps at all.
    anna
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2012
    One more...

Splash1014-336-L.jpg
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2012
    2 and 8 are my favorites.... if I had to choose just one it'd be #2. I like your 'one more' though. I like the higher contrast photos, I think some of your others could be pushed a bit more with curves adjustment.

They're all great! I like the different shapes... mushroom, golden globes, hand tossing a pizza crust, splat!, etc.
    edited October 15, 2012
    I know I'm new here but something about #3 just seems "right". 2 cents
    Accidents and Inspiration
    One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2012
    LIsa, How did you set up the timing of the downward drop colliding with the rebound drop?

All are very nice.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2012
    LIsa, How did you set up the timing of the downward drop colliding with the rebound drop?

All are very nice.

Chris

It was all trial and error. I amended my set up and instead of letting a baggie or bottle drop water I got some needle nose bottles and started dropping the water by hand in order to try and get the timing right for collisions. In the past 4 or so days I've filled up a 16gb card about 15 times with these shots. I set my camera on continuous self timer so that I had 10 seconds to hit the shutter then get my bottle into position. The camera then would shoot off 6 frames while I released drops and crossed my fingers! You should have seen me do the happy dance the first time I managed to get a collision! wings.gifivar I've played with these before... but this time I had a borrowed external flash which made all the difference. This challenge definitely fueled my obsession with this kind of photography. Here is my current set up...

i-LcvdR8z-L.jpg

I also did some that were lit from the back... the "golden globes" shot would be an example of that.
  • Options
    TravelnLassTravelnLass Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2012
    Wow, that multi colored print paper in the background for (presumably for bounce?) is brilliant. Truly makes all the difference in the shots.

P.S. I too favor #3 - imho the colors are more pleasingly subtle, and the composition of the splash, spot on.
    "I am not the same, having seen the moon rise on the other side of the world."
    TravelnLass.com