Options

Soccer - for fun - would you keep photo #1?

jimqjrjimqjr Registered Users Posts: 250 Major grins
edited October 16, 2012 in Sports
R0D8356-X2.jpg
I usually would not keep this photo being I chopped off their heads though I wouldn't have gotten the determination... Would you keep the photo?
R0D8339-X2.jpg

R0D8345-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2012
    I'm not a pro, but I'd keep it, especially if it was my kid.
    Anna
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2012
    Very cute!!

If you can, shoot with the sun behind you. Then you won't be fighting the faces being 2-stops darker than everything around them.
    In #1, if you are going to keep it, and I'm sure the parent would appreciate the image, you might want to clone out the kids face in the upper right. It looks like a stray head not belonging to #10.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2012
    adbsgicom wrote: »
    Very cute!!

If you can, shoot with the sun behind you. Then you won't be fighting the faces being 2-stops darker than everything around them.
    In #1, if you are going to keep it, and I'm sure the parent would appreciate the image, you might want to clone out the kids face in the upper right. It looks like a stray head not belonging to #10.

Thanks for the reply that head is kinda funny I guess I didn't even notice it. Yea, I did the best I could shooting into the sun. Sometimes your just stuck with what you get.
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2012
    ASkip wrote: »
    I'm not a pro, but I'd keep it, especially if it was my kid.
    Anna

Thanks
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2012
    Nope. I would shoot more, to get a good one. If you must keep this one, crop it very tightly to balance it.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2012
    Nope. I would shoot more, to get a good one. If you must keep this one, crop it very tightly to balance it.

Thanks for your thoughts. The next shot I kept also. This one just shows how many she ran through to get past them. The next shot she is through.
    I liked it because the the expressions I just missed the shot because they were close. I eliminated the photo twice and then wondered if I should keep it?
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2012
    Sure, if you like it that's all that matters, keep it. But you asked what I would do, and I would delete it. ne_nau.gif
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2012
    Sure, if you like it that's all that matters, keep it. But you asked what I would do, and I would delete it. ne_nau.gif

Believe me I was just trying to give an excuse to keep it. It's gone in 20 seconds
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2012
    jimqjr wrote: »
    #1 - was deleted due to it being a bad picture. Thanks for the thoughts.
    I added another photo that I liked better.
    R0D8356-X2.jpg
    I usually would not keep this photo being I chopped off their heads though I wouldn't have gotten the determination... Would you keep the photo?
    R0D8339-X2.jpg

R0D8345-X2.jpg

R0D8459-X2.jpg
  • Options
    zSCOTTzzSCOTTz Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2012
    I wouldnt have kept it either, I wouldnt have ever let a parent see that picture. I only show the best that I have. I want to set myself apart from any other photographer in my area so my expectations are high for myself, and I want the parents to see a huge difference between my pictures and any other sports photographer in the area.