Options

Fisheye Lens

Butterfly2011Butterfly2011 Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
edited November 8, 2012 in Accessories
I am interested in purchasing a Fisheye Lens. There are so many different kinds. Which one would you recommend for a Nikon D90. Also a tight budget.
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2012
    The nikon 10.5 is awesome. $500 gets you a nice used one. If you already own a lensbaby you can pick up a fisheye optic. But no AF and hard to use.
  • Options
    TybradTybrad Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited October 16, 2012
    I can recommend the Rokinon 8/3.5 full frame (not circular) fisheye. Got one recently new for $355 and I love it! Judge resolution, linearity, corners, and contrast for yourself.

_DSC8704.jpg

_DSC8877.jpg

_DSC8738.jpg

_DSC8740.jpg

Cheers,
    Tyler
  • Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2012
    The Tokina 10-17 is on my wishlist....
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • Options
    andavitaandavita Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited October 20, 2012
    Tybrad wrote: »
    I can recommend the Rokinon 8/3.5 full frame (not circular) fisheye. Got one recently new for $355 and I love it! Judge resolution, linearity, corners, and contrast for yourself.
    Cheers,
    Tyler

Seconded - this lens comes with many different brands. is made in a really good Korean factory. Mine is Branded Bell & Howell and it came for less than $300 on Amazon (there is a used one for $225 on there right now) - this is a great way to try a fisheye. If you like it you can look out for the DX 10.5 or 16mm later

Last weekend i cut a Dandelion focus confirm chip into the back of it. Is Brilliant with a D90 and D7000 - full auto exposure (really important with the amount of differently exposed real estate this thing can fit inmwink.gif) in all modes and (on such a wide lens with its DOF not really needed) its ability to disallow shutter release when out of focus might not be AF but is really useful (especially when waiting for something to move into position)

Is also great to have the none "inside a globe" fisheye view - Lightroom smooths out all the non straight lines and it looks like a panarama shot

Just watch out for unwanted feet (yours) in the imagewings.gif
  • Options
    chasgroh2chasgroh2 Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited November 8, 2012
    time2smile wrote: »
    The Tokina 10-17 is on my wishlist....

I've had this lens for a few years and will *never* give it up! That said, now I need a full frame something or other...
    Charlie Groh
    (tin can tied to the bumper)