Options

Refurbed T3i kit from Canon

jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
edited October 22, 2012 in Cameras
Good Evening Folks,
I just ordered a refurbed T3i with the 18-55 IS II lens from the CLP for $474, including tax, for a birthday present for a friend of mine. She is coming from a p & s with an articulating screen. She wanted something that was small, with better iq, and maybe shoot some video. I think she'll be happy with this camera for a while. I could have treated myself to an early birthday present as well by getting a refurbed 70-200 IS II for $1599 along with the T3i. Trust me, it was very hard not to buy it :cry Anyway, lots of good deals at CLP. Thanks for looking :thumb
Have a good night :D
Jim...

Comments

• Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2012
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,903 moderator
    edited October 17, 2012
    Wow. clap.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2012

559.99 - 10% for the CLP discount, minus another $25 for the current promotion? However, that's $478+tax so intrigued to know how you got it down to $474 inclusive :D
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2012
    Morning Folks,
    Diva, it's a 20% discount, not 10%. The original price was $559. Deduct the 20%, that brings it down to $447.20. Add the tax (6%) and that makes it a little under $475. I could have bought the camera body only for $407 shipped, but for less then $70, I picked up the lens. Thanks for looking thumb.gif
    Have a good day :D
    Jim...
  • Options
    billythekbillythek Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2012
    jgoetz4 wrote: »
    Morning Folks,
    Diva, it's a 20% discount, not 10%. The original price was $559. Deduct the 20%, that brings it down to $447.20. Add the tax (6%) and that makes it a little under $475. I could have bought the camera body only for $407 shipped, but for less then $70, I picked up the lens. Thanks for looking thumb.gif
    Jim...

The 70-200 was the f/2.8L II? That's an awesome price. Unfortunately, it's listed as out-of-stock in the refurb store. Not sure why I looked, since I already have one, but still that is a great price.

With the CLP, you have to send in an old camera, right? Does it work that way for lenses, too, or do you need to send in an old lens?
    - Bill
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2012
    Do they offer a different CLP discount for differend models? When I called about the 5dII last week, I was told (on the phone, by a rep) that it was 10%. I'm now thoroughly confused. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,903 moderator
    edited October 18, 2012
    As I understand it, the Canon Loyalty Program (CLP) is not a formalized "anything"; it's just a way for Canon to disseminate refurbished camera bodies, and now some lenses too.

Don't expect formalized "rules". They may offer 10 percent discounts some of the time, with 20 percent discount specials. Lenses may, or may not, be offered as part of a "kit" with some sales, but not always, and certainly not all lenses.

A lot probably depends on how much refurbished inventory they have. When they have a lot of inventory they probably sweeten the deal.

You just have to call the CLP number to find out current offerings. If the person you talk to doesn't offer what you're looking for, call back in a couple of hours, or ask to talk to a supervisor. Always be courteous, and don't think that you are "entitled" to anything, because it's really just a a very loose program with no firm rules.

Basic CLP description here:

BTW: The "you" I describe is the collective "you", as in "all of us", myself included.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2012
    Gotcha, Ziggy. I knew it fluctuated, but didn't realise it was quite as fluid as that mwink.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2012
    billythek wrote: »
    The 70-200 was the f/2.8L II? That's an awesome price. Unfortunately, it's listed as out-of-stock in the refurb store. Not sure why I looked, since I already have one, but still that is a great price.

With the CLP, you have to send in an old camera, right? Does it work that way for lenses, too, or do you need to send in an old lens?
    Good Afternoon Bill,
    Yes, it is the 70-200 IS II lens. It has been out of stock for a while, but somehow, they manage to find one if you are buying a refurbed camera.
    Correct. You send in an old digital or film camera, working or not, to get a refurbed camera. As for lenses, whatever is available will be discounted as long as you purchase a refurbed camera. You do not send in an old lens. The CLP allows customers up to 3 purchases per year (using the 20% discount) I've reached my limit for this year :cry
    Jim...
  • Options
    Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2012
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    As I understand it, the Canon Loyalty Program (CLP) is not a formalized "anything"; it's just a way for Canon to disseminate refurbished camera bodies, and now some lenses too.

Don't expect formalized "rules". They may offer 10 percent discounts some of the time, with 20 percent discount specials. Lenses may, or may not, be offered as part of a "kit" with some sales, but not always, and certainly not all lenses.

A lot probably depends on how much refurbished inventory they have. When they have a lot of inventory they probably sweeten the deal.

You just have to call the CLP number to find out current offerings. If the person you talk to doesn't offer what you're looking for, call back in a couple of hours, or ask to talk to a supervisor. Always be courteous, and don't think that you are "entitled" to anything, because it's really just a a very loose program with no firm rules.

Basic CLP description here:

the CLP is confusing but it's probably the best way to get a sizable discount instead of buying used
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2012
    Morning Folks,
    I received an email yesterday from Canon regarding 30% off select refurbed lenses. Here's the link: http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/subCategory_10051_10051_-1_89751?WT.mc_id=EM1210ES04013&RID=1-7ZY22A&CON=1-34UL-507&PRO=&CID=1-7Z8W8G Not a huge selection this time. Thanks for looking thumb.gif
    Jim...