f-4
iso 400

93233.JPG

9133.JPG

DSC_9171.jpg

Comments

• williaeswilliaes Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2012
    Nice action shots. I have the same set up with D300 and 80-200 2.8. That makes a great combo. I really like the last shot from a documentary style shot. The stock producer or judge in the pink shirt. You can only imagine what he and the rider are thinking or saying out loud.

Was the lighting all from the arena or did you have some type of lights? They appear to be very hard lights but not sure where from. It works for me based on what it is.

I grew up riding rough stock and travleing around the country trying to make a living at it. Thats been many years ago now. Your shots bring back some great memories.
    2 Corinthians 9:15

williamspics.smugmug.com
  • dm50384dm50384 Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited October 23, 2012
    Shooting bulls is usually at night in poorly lit arenas, I use 4 remote speedlights close to the chutes and one on the camera triggered electronically.strobes are firing every second which surprised me as far as quick recycle I am generally over 75 ft away .Shooting raw has helped me save many images when strobes fire weak. Tried high ISO settings and don't like the noisy results with crops
  • JSPhotographyJSPhotography Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2012
    Nice work. Your set up is working pretty well. I probably would have cropped a little tighter and tone down the eyes from the flash. Nice work