Model Shoot, NYC Photo Walk

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited November 3, 2012 in People
I led a Photo Walk last Wednesday in NYC before Photo Plus. We hired some models, and they were supreme!

Enjoy. All shots with natural light, Canon 5D III, and Canon 135 f/2L.

i-j9qMsZB-X2.jpg

i-5s8v5Kw-X2.jpg

i-2vLxLSL-X2.jpg

i-WGfL5Cv-X2.jpg

Enjoy (free photo walk) photography,

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 30, 2012
    Gorgeous, Andy. I wish this was closer to my home, I would have done it in a heartbeat. Say, is #3 a pano?
  • Dr CalohandreDr Calohandre Banned Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2012
    It is quite evident you are a quite accomplished photographer and the shots are succinctly sweet. I would however suggest a 16:9 crop on the third shot, cropping to the vertical white pole about 1 1/2 inches in, finishing with the hand extension on the right. I found all the excess space not conducive to really focusing on the model, though admittedly, she is so striking, its hard not to look at her, regardless.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2012
    Good stuff!! clap.gifclapclap.gif

You must have a really good camera. :D

Sam

ps: Good to see you out shooting and posting.
  • ADMIT PhotographyADMIT Photography Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2012
    I have to agree with those types of photos you camera must be awesome!
    Facebook - Twitter
    Nikon D200, D80, SB600, nikon 50mm 1.8, nikon 18-135 3.5-4.6, nikon 70-200
  • novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2012
    Has anyone heard from Andy since late last night? Here's hoping they are ok.
  • D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2012
    Great shots with good models.
    The light is a bit on the flat side (not the one on the bench), A bit more shadows and light play (narrow and broad shots) would have made them perfect . But hey , that is only the view of a silly Belgian.
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2012
    kdog wrote: »
    Gorgeous, Andy. I wish this was closer to my home, I would have done it in a heartbeat. Say, is #3 a pano?

Thanks 'dog - no, not a pano.
    edited November 3, 2012
    Sam wrote: »
    You must have a really good camera. :D

lol3.giflol3.giflol3.gif
    edited November 3, 2012
    It is quite evident you are a quite accomplished photographer and the shots are succinctly sweet. I would however suggest a 16:9 crop on the third shot, cropping to the vertical white pole about 1 1/2 inches in, finishing with the hand extension on the right. I found all the excess space not conducive to really focusing on the model, though admittedly, she is so striking, its hard not to look at her, regardless.

Thanks! Haven't thought about crops yet, on this one.
    edited November 3, 2012
    i have to agree with those types of photos you camera must be awesome!

:d
    edited November 3, 2012
    Has anyone heard from Andy since late last night? Here's hoping they are ok.

We're all good, thanks. Few trees down in my woods, no damage. Never lost power or internet etc. Have now a houseful of friends and neighbors, every bed and couch and all available floor space is full. Lots of folks without power and basics around here - and they likely will remain without for at least another week. Glad we're an Oasis of sorts!
    edited November 3, 2012
    D3Sshooter wrote: »
    Great shots with good models.
    The light is a bit on the flat side (not the one on the bench), A bit more shadows and light play (narrow and broad shots) would have made them perfect . But hey , that is only the view of a silly Belgian.

Yeah, we had no reflectors, no time at all really to set up anything fancy, Sandy was already starting to bear down on the City and the light was flat to none, everywhere...
  • FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2012
    Great stuff Andy. I spent 3 days at PDN. Sure wish I knew you were doing this shoot. ne_nau.gif
    edited November 3, 2012
    FlyNavy wrote: »
    Sure wish I knew you were doing this shoot. ne_nau.gif
    I posted all over G+ and Facebook and Twitter, so did Eye-fi, Squarespace, and Lexar. Sorry we missed you!!!!!!!