Options

Easy to use P&S for a gift

joeinmiamijoeinmiami Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
edited November 2, 2012 in Cameras
Hello there!

I m planning to give my brother a P&S for Christmas. The problem, he is not interested in photography and he does not care about f stops, ISO etc. He just wants a camera to take the occasional snapshot.

Since is also all thumbs when it comes to technology, this P&S has to be very easy to use ( I most probably will have to teach him how to use it ) Also, let us keep it affordable, after all, I am the one paying for it.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Joe :thumb
www.jlm-photos.com

Comments

• Options
    NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2012
    You might get a good deal on a year old model of any of the brands. The canon SX150 is really nice . My friend used one while on vacation with us and she had fun using it, which normally intimidates her. The 12x zoom was also a plus.
    http://www.google.com/shopping/product/17978681049880179759?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS452US500&q=canon+sx+150&sa=X&ei=2OeSUIPoE6TL2QWlioEg&ved=0CLMBEK0E
  • Options
    billythekbillythek Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2012
    joeinmiami wrote: »
    Hello there!

I m planning to give my brother a P&S for Christmas. The problem, he is not interested in photography and he does not care about f stops, ISO etc. He just wants a camera to take the occasional snapshot.

Since is also all thumbs when it comes to technology, this P&S has to be very easy to use ( I most probably will have to teach him how to use it ) Also, let us keep it affordable, after all, I am the one paying for it.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Joe thumb.gif

I would consider the Canon S110. And also the Sony RX100, and Fuji XF1.
    - Bill
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2012
    Get him one of the new ipod touch that came out.

Or pick up one of the Kodak cameras for cheap, I think there are still a few in the product pipeline. Kodak screwed up a lot of things, but ergonomics and ease of use were always a strong point.
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2012
    +1 iPod touch. As good a camera as most P&S, easier to use, easier to share photos etc.

Got my 13 yr old a Canon 3oo HS for birthday, and she used it during vacation. She has tons of fun with it, as it has easy to use video and a 'slo mo' mode. But she informed me that a new iPod touch would be better for sharing, rather than all the steps needed to download photos to the computer.