Book fair

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
edited November 5, 2012 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2012
    Excellent! Very minor nit. I would look at a 16:9 crop dropping the bottom of the frame to create more emphasis on the horizontals. Still, love it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2012
    michswiss wrote: »
    Excellent! Very minor nit. I would look at a 16:9 crop dropping the bottom of the frame to create more emphasis on the horizontals. Still, love it.

Thanks! how about this:

DSC_3414-XL.jpg
  • SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2012
    Very nice.

I think the crop works well however it brings in a lighter tone on the lower left side which I find a bit distracting.

I'd also say the image was tilted maybe a degree or two left to right which jars for me as it seems a shame to have all those horizontals and for them not to be level. That said I'm willing to accept that's my problem and I can happily live with the image as is!
    Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951
    edited November 2, 2012
    Very nice.

I think the crop works well however it brings in a lighter tone on the lower left side which I find a bit distracting.

I'd also say the image was tilted maybe a degree or two left to right which jars for me as it seems a shame to have all those horizontals and for them not to be level. That said I'm willing to accept that's my problem and I can happily live with the image as is!

Thanks. You were right in that it was tilted. I straightened it, removed a bit of distortion and darkened the lower part a bit.

DSC_3414-XL.jpg
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2012
    thumb.gif You nailed it on the last edit Cristobal.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    edited November 3, 2012
    Earache wrote: »
    thumb.gif You nailed it on the last edit Cristobal.

Thanks Eric, it took a while though...!
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2012
    Superb production, Cristobal. It's an arresting picture that compells me to keep looking at it. It's like I shouldn't be viewing this scene and the guy in the glasses has caught me. I really like this one.clap.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited November 4, 2012
    Superb production, Cristobal. It's an arresting picture that compells me to keep looking at it. It's like I shouldn't be viewing this scene and the guy in the glasses has caught me. I really like this one.clap.gif

Tom

Thanks Tom, it does have a voyeuristic feel, you're right!
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited November 4, 2012
    Nice work. The editing helped.
    edited November 5, 2012
    Richard wrote: »
    Nice work. The editing helped.

Thanks Richard. It's interesting, although I like the photo, I didn't think much of it. Now, after the round of edits, I like it a lot more. This is what Dgrin is and should be about! Thanks!