Options

Storm Damage -Canon Factory Service at Jamesburg, NJ

pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
edited November 5, 2012 in Cameras
I just received this information via email from Canon Factory Service and think it might be helpful to folks who have equipment at their Jamesburg New Jersey site.

Canon's Factory Service center in New Jersey is without power until ~ Nov 7, and not operational before November 16

*****************************************************************************************

Due to the impact of Hurricane Sandy, the Canon USA repair facility in Jamesburg, New Jersey is currently without power and is closed.

If you recently sent a product to the Jamesburg facility and wish to check on the repair status, please enter your Canon Repair Number and ZIP Code into the designated fields at the following Canon USA web site address: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer?pageKeyCode=checkRepairStatus

Recovery operations are underway and we have been informed by the local utility servicing the Jamesburg facility that power should be restored by November 7. However, due to storm-related delays, normal operations and repair turnaround are not expected to resume until November 16. Until that time, please direct any new repair requests to one of the Canon Repair Facilities below:

1. Newport News, Virginia
Canon Factory Service Center
12022 Canon Blvd.
Newport News, VA 23606
(Mail-In Service Only)

2. Irvine, California
15955 Alton Parkway
Irvine, CA 92618
(Mail-In and Walk-In Service)

**********************************************************************************

I have had numerous items serviced by Canon Factory Service and always found them helpful, courteous, and professional.

I hope everyone there is healthy and they get their facility back online as soon as they are able.
Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin

Comments

• Options
    Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2012
    pathfinder wrote: »
    I just received this information via email from Canon Factory Service and think it might be helpful to folks who have equipment at their Jamesburg New Jersey site.

Canon's Factory Service center in New Jersey is without power until ~ Nov 7, and not operational before November 16

*****************************************************************************************

Due to the impact of Hurricane Sandy, the Canon USA repair facility in Jamesburg, New Jersey is currently without power and is closed.

If you recently sent a product to the Jamesburg facility and wish to check on the repair status, please enter your Canon Repair Number and ZIP Code into the designated fields at the following Canon USA web site address: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer?pageKeyCode=checkRepairStatus

Recovery operations are underway and we have been informed by the local utility servicing the Jamesburg facility that power should be restored by November 7. However, due to storm-related delays, normal operations and repair turnaround are not expected to resume until November 16. Until that time, please direct any new repair requests to one of the Canon Repair Facilities below:

1. Newport News, Virginia
    12022 Canon Blvd.
    Newport News, VA 23606
    (Mail-In Service Only)

2. Irvine, California
    15955 Alton Parkway
    Irvine, CA 92618
    (Mail-In and Walk-In Service)

**********************************************************************************

I have had numerous items serviced by Canon Factory Service and always found them helpful, courteous, and professional.

I hope everyone there is healthy and they get their facility back online as soon as they are able.

Looks like many places in NJ are still without power
  • Options
    PhotoCobraPhotoCobra Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 5, 2012
    The factory service center in Jamesburg, NJ completed a repair on my lens and shipped it October 31 but, they forgot to return my 7D body that they had suggested to send with my lens. Now they tell me I can not get my 7D back until they get power, strange they had power to send my lens clearly AFTER Sandy hit.

many prayers to those effected by the storm.