Options

Replacing a Nikkor 70-210 F4

NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
edited November 5, 2012 in Cameras
I think it's finally time to move to a F2.8, now I'm happy with the image quality of the Nikkor so I think I can get away with a Sigma or Tamron 2.8 (non-OS/VC probably) but was wondering how those lenses stack up to it.

Comments

• Options
    Dr CalohandreDr Calohandre Banned Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2012
    I wouldn't get a Tamron on a bet...never found one that was worth a flip. I've not been overly happy with Sigma either but have found some of the Tokina lenses to be quite good...it's a personal opinion and I'm sure I'll get some flack from owners of both, but for me, it's Nikkor glass or I'm not buying.

Can you still get decent opals in Oaxaca?
  • Options
    NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2012
    I wouldn't get a Tamron on a bet...never found one that was worth a flip. I've not been overly happy with Sigma either but have found some of the Tokina lenses to be quite good...it's a personal opinion and I'm sure I'll get some flack from owners of both, but for me, it's Nikkor glass or I'm not buying.

Can you still get decent opals in Oaxaca?

I've had an amazing experience with the 28-75 2.8 Tamron, and 50mm macro Sigma so both can produce great lenses deal.gif
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2012
    never had any problems with any Sigma Lenses I have owned and I have had several 28/24-70's and 70-210's ... ... never failed in any way....but I sent them in ever 2 or 3 yrs for CLA's also ... ... I use a semi Local guy for my lens and camera work ... Pho-tech in Heston Ks. ... really good
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website