Options

DSS #115 - idea

JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
edited November 13, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
What to you think? :) Edited to appear more cartoonish. I have the originals w/o the cartoonish edit to.

Horton Hears a HER!

1A.

i-9KzrMxh-X2.jpg

Original:
i-QxVjKVf-X2.jpg

Horton Hears a HER!
2A.
i-zJ5RCQv-X2.jpg

Original:
i-7m4stxC-X2.jpg
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6

Comments

• Options
    edited November 7, 2012
    Anyone have a thought on these? Would one of the originals w/o the cartoon effect be better?

thanks!
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2012
    My thought (& please take this with a grain of salt because I am just NOT creative....) is that the elephant idea is a good one, but...

...I don't care for the composition with the grass & the tree and nothing showing the 'action' of Horton hearing anything. Probably personal preference here, but maybe it would work better with a simpler, less busy foreground/background (maybe put Horton on a blanket in the grass & have the tree more in the background????)? For something for Horton to hear...put a radio, speaker, ipod, or even the flower (like the original) in the foreground or near Horton???

Like I said, I'm not the expert, but that's my $.02.

Sherry
  • Options
    marantophotographymarantophotography Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2012
    I agree with Sherry that Horton needs to be hearing something. I'm not sure about the cartoon effect, I kind of like it without, but if you were to change the composition, maybe the cartoon effect would work.
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2012
    My photo isn't a take on Whorton, it's a take on "her".

Here's the image of Whorton Hears a Who!
    51dQu1nVqPL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Whorton is a white elephant. He's poking his head out of grass listening and looking at something ....

My image is the pink girl elephant that Whorton is "hearing" and looking at. She is rustling in the grass over there
    > somewhere.

Make sense?
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2012
    Then maybe a better title would be "What Horton Heard" then people would 'get' it. As it is, without the explanation, it makes no sense.

Sherry
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2012
    slpollett wrote: »
    Then maybe a better title would be "What Horton Heard" then people would 'get' it. As it is, without the explanation, it makes no sense.

Sherry

Thanks! I kind of thought it made sense to me ... along the lines of what Dr. Seuss might have written. Who is Horton anyway? He heard a "who"?? Who is "who"? Horton heard a "her" is who the "who" is! Laughing.gif
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)