Kaffir lily - Schizostylis

macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
edited November 9, 2012 in Holy Macro
Took this from the garden yesterday. It's a rather small flower (the flower heads are about 2cm across), and very delicate. Lit by diffused studio flash in the studio. Five images stacked in Helicon, from RAW.

View on Black

8162038187_09e7c0d42e_b.jpg
kaffir lily by rob ashcroft @ www.macromeister.co.uk, on Flickr
I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2012
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited November 7, 2012
    nice idea , i dont think it works too well. flowers opening upwards not really appealing to me , and light looks a little bright.

just my oppinion. did you try natural lighting? maybe a closer view looking down throat of flower maybe also ?
  • macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2012
    GOLDENORFE wrote: »
    nice idea , i dont think it works too well. flowers opening upwards not really appealing to me , and light looks a little bright.

just my oppinion. did you try natural lighting? maybe a closer view looking down throat of flower maybe also ?

I do sometimes shoot flowers from unusual angles, just to get a different view of them. I tend to use studio flash most of the time indoors, and even outdoors at times, as the quality and evenness of the light is so good. I think this shot does look bright because I increased the clarity and vibrance in RAW edit, and that does tend to make for more impact. Perhaps I did a bit too much.
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .