Options

High school team photos/player names

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited November 17, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
Ok so when taking school sports team photos, what's a good way to keep track of who is who and what package they want...

Comments

• Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2012
    When I shoot T&I my assistant downloads the card, prints a team shot onto a form we have and writes a number on every kids chest. There is a numbered list underneath where the pic is printed and the coach/ manager write the names of the kids corresponding to the number before they walk away.
    We use this as the correct spelling verification of the kids names and correlate that to their order envelopes.

Where the kids wear a hat such as baseball, we do the ID pic with their hats off as it makes it much easier to work out who is who in a lot of cases.

I have found this system to be simple, fast and foolproof so far.

I did once read of a system where the kids had barcoded order envelopes and this was scanned by the shooter before their Individual pic was taken and there was data embedded ( I think) on the exif data on the camera to identify them. I think that's how it worked, I'd be interested to learn of the different systems or setups out there as I'm planning to take this on again next winter.

My ID pic setup has worked pretty much flawlessly and the price is unbeatable but if there were something out there that offered some advantages, I'd be interested in taking a look.
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2012
    I don't do teams, but I do schools. I show up and take the photos. About 1-2 weeks later, I send home an envelope with order form and proofs attached. I give them a deadline two weeks out. The parents fill in name and contact info and write in the image number for the image they choose and put payment in the envelope.
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2012
    I have a small whiteboard that I use. The kids write their names on it and my first shot is a mug shot with them holding up the sign of their name. Works for me.

Sherry