Got another cover! :)

jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
edited November 9, 2012 in Sports
Hey all!

Just pretty happy that one of the magazines I do freelance work for used one of my photos for their December cover. Even more cool was the amount of other photos used inside as well.

Here is a snag of the cover. This really doesn't do it justice nor the original photo, but still pretty proud to land it and wanted to share with you all. :)

i-Vb2CLJX-L.jpg

Comments

• Scott293Scott293 Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2012
    jww wrote: »
    Hey all!

Just pretty happy that one of the magazines I do freelance work for used one of my photos for their December cover. Even more cool was the amount of other photos used inside as well.

Here is a snag of the cover. This really do it justice nor the original photo, but still pretty proud to land it and wanted to share with you all. :)

i-Vb2CLJX-L.jpg

Congrats!!!...Looks great!
    Scott Davis

Nikon D70,D2H,D300,Nikkor 300mm f2.8,Nikkor 80-200 f2.8, Nikkor 24-70 AF-S f2.8,Nikkor 50 f1.8

www.ScottDavis.smugmug.com
  • EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2012
    Nice!
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2012
    You da man! thumb.gif
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 8, 2012
    Congrats!! Any chance you could post the original? mwink.gif
  • JSPhotographyJSPhotography Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2012
    Congratulations
  • jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2012
    Thanks everyone! :)
    kdog wrote: »
    Congrats!! Any chance you could post the original? mwink.gif

I'd rather not post the original, but here is a link to an Xlarge version of it.

http://tinyurl.com/b9bfn8w

Hope that is ok!
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 9, 2012
    jww wrote: »
    I'd rather not post the original, but here is a link to an Xlarge version of it.

http://tinyurl.com/b9bfn8w

Hope that is ok!
    Thanks, great shot and that's what I meant. I didn't expect you to post the full-size original. I used the word "original" in the same sense as when you said this, "This really do it justice nor the original photo". Actually, that doesn't make any sense now that I reread it. :giggle
  • jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2012
    kdog wrote: »
    Thanks, great shot and that's what I meant. I didn't expect you to post the full-size original. I used the word "original" in the same sense as when you said this, "This really do it justice nor the original photo". Actually, that doesn't make any sense now that I reread it. :giggle

lol.. well, I meant to say and later edited, This capture of the cover really didn't do it justice nor the original photo" ...I left out didn't. Kinda funny.

Glad you like the shot!

Not that it isn't a bit thrilling at any spot I pick to shoot an event like that as I have full access, but where I was standing for this one is like 2 feet from the apex of that corner (the apex being a bit more to my left, almost behind me in the shot). Sort of the "extra be on your toes" moments and really gets the adrenalin going when shooting. thumb.gif