Pudge

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited November 10, 2012 in People
I had to share this shot of this little one:

DSC_6451-Edit-X2.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• coolpinskycoolpinsky Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2012
    Happy boy :)
  • michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2012
    Great capture. I think this shot needs to be white balanced. He's lookin a little blue on my monitor!
    wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
    fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2012
    Thanks guys.

Michael, doesn't look blue on my end. He did have pretty fair skin IRL.

Anyone else think he's blue?

My Smug Site
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2012
    Thanks guys.

it looks a little blue to me.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2012
    Thanks Josh. I'm gonna calibrate my monitor tonight. See what that does.

My Smug Site
  • RacinRandyRacinRandy Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2012
    Maybe It's just my eyes, I think he looks fine. If it were me I would have bumped in a little warmth though. Rhis is from the quick ones you were doing the other day right?
    Randy

EOS Rebel XS Digital/ EOS 7D/ EOS 6D
    50mm f1.8/ Tamron 70-200 f2.8 is/ 24-105 f4L
    Canon speedlights and Alien Bees
    edited November 9, 2012
    RacinRandy wrote: »
    Maybe It's just my eyes, I think he looks fine. If it were me I would have bumped in a little warmth though. Rhis is from the quick ones you were doing the other day right?

Yes. This is from the Fall Festival at our company. This is the 3rd year. Basically, the company decorates and sets up booths, a haunted house maze and a few other events for employees and their families. This time of year, we also are fundraising for the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation (JDRF). I setup a photo booth and offer an 8x10 print for a $10 donation to the JDRF.

We have about 2300 employees in this building so we get quite a turn out. I spend about 4 hours shooting photos, although not continuous. I get them in huge spurts. No one for 30 minutes and then back-to-back for an hour. I don't have any time to adjust. Sit them down, take two shots and on to the next one.

It's funny because each year that I've done this, I'm always quite disappointed in the photos but yet, everyone absolutely love them. I often get requests for additional prints, which I provide for additional $10 donation. I guess I'm just to critical of myself.

My Smug Site
    edited November 9, 2012
    Oh... and Randy, it doesn't look blue to me at all and this babies mother actually ordered two additional prints so I don't think she thought is was blue either.

My Smug Site
  • michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2012
    Thanks guys.

It's not extremely blue or anything. A slight tint. Bumping up the warmth a tad would fix it. Just a nitpick, nothing too serious. But overall I love the shot. I'm glad the mother liked them too! clap.gif
    wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
    fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com
  • RacinRandyRacinRandy Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2012
    Thats what matters most right?
    Oh... and Randy, it doesn't look blue to me at all and this babies mother actually ordered two additional prints so I don't think she thought is was blue either.

Awesome that Mom liked them enough for the additional prints!

Great thing you got going for the Diabetes Foundation! Being a recently diagnosed diabetic that strikes a chord!

I did an event this summer in my area for the Special Olympics. They do a Bike Run(motorcycle ride) that raises monies for the Special Olympics to help fund trips and events for the local members. It gets bigger every year and this being the third year i was asked to get involved. So I went and shot pre ride, then hoped in a convertible and shot riders during the ride. Uploaded to a gallery and sent links for them to make purchases. Any thing sold from that will get turned back to Special Olympics.

Keep up the Greatness!!
    Randy

EOS Rebel XS Digital/ EOS 7D/ EOS 6D
    50mm f1.8/ Tamron 70-200 f2.8 is/ 24-105 f4L
    Canon speedlights and Alien Bees
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2012
    Awesome photo of a cute kid! What did you do to get him to laugh like that? That shot could be used in a catalog for baby/toddler clothes!

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
    edited November 10, 2012
    BroPhoto wrote: »
    Awesome photo of a cute kid! What did you do to get him to laugh like that? That shot could be used in a catalog for baby/toddler clothes!

GaryB

I think I was making goofy faces. Honestly, the kid is just a happy baby. Laughed at pretty much everything.

BTW, I calibrated my monitor this morning and it does look just a tad cool, but it's really subtle. The print looked good so I don't know if it's a problem.

My Smug Site