Options

Heading to Moscow/St. Pete

SkorriSkorri Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
edited November 11, 2012 in Location, Location, Location!
Heading over at the end of November. This will be my first photo trip to Russia. What have been your experiences with "photo permits" ? I know the rules have been relaxed over the last few years. I'm not worried about the camera permit for shooting inside certain museums. I carry pro gear and worried they will ask me to get a professional permit, which from what I read can run close to 250.00 US. :thumb

Thanks, Keith

Comments

• Options
    Howard BarlowHoward Barlow Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2012
    I've traveled to Moscow many times. I have used my 1D Mk2n, with tripod, without interference, all over town. No tripods in cathedrals, in fact, you can't even shoot in some cathedrals, they will stand next to you and stare at you just to be sure. There are locals who take souvenir pictures from tripods in Red Square, but you won't get all 3 legs down before you are corrected. And, you cannot lay on your stomach to get a shot in Red Square, either. Otherwise, shoot away.

You will not get tripods or dslr bodies in the Kremlin grounds. Point and shoot, only.

I meander all over town, never had any troubles.

Oh, forgot to add, same in St. Pete. Shot all over town, no troubles, never tried to shoot inside, other than in The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood. No problem there, but didn't try to use a tripod.
    You don’t pay me by the hour. You pay for the years of hard work that made it possible for me to paint such a picture in only one hour! Pablo Picasso
  • Options
    SkorriSkorri Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2012
  • Options
    Howard BarlowHoward Barlow Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2012
    Forgot to add I never fool with permits.
    You don’t pay me by the hour. You pay for the years of hard work that made it possible for me to paint such a picture in only one hour! Pablo Picasso