A First Macro Attempt...

BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
edited November 10, 2012 in Holy Macro
Taken with a Canon 100mm and Kenkos. I think it's an alstroemeria. Comments and suggestions would be great.

Many thanks to LordV for helping me get started.

Zerene-6769-6780-100mm-%26-all-Kenkos---2012-11-06-18.34.23-ZS-PMax---BLUR_VIGNETTE_ADDED---SelClrAdd-L.jpg
Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2012
    Lovely shot and good light- yes an alstromeria flower.
    Only negative comment is it's a bit messy with all that pollen.
    Is it a single shot?

Brian v.
  • BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2012
    Lovely shot and good light- yes an alstromeria flower.
    Only negative comment is it's a bit messy with all that pollen.
    Is it a single shot?

Brian v.

Thanks for the feedback Brian.

I shot 20 "focus slices" and used Zerene to stack. I used only 12 of the mid-slices to give a more natural look.

Yes, very messy pollen - Allergy / wattery eyes accompanied shoot :cry... Does dusty pollen mean the blossom was late in it's cycle? I've found other plants that are just opening and I'm going to give it another go.

John
    Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2012
    Brody wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback Brian.

I shot 20 "focus slices" and used Zerene to stack. I used only 12 of the mid-slices to give a more natural look.

Yes, very messy pollen - Allergy / wattery eyes accompanied shoot :cry... Does dusty pollen mean the blossom was late in it's cycle? I've found other plants that are just opening and I'm going to give it another go.

John
    Well the stack came out very well !
    Yes the pollen anthers tend to open after the flower opens. They are actually rather interesting - the pollen is formed on the inside of the structure and the anthers turn themselves inside out to release it.
    Brian v.