Mushrooms!

JoshHJoshH Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
edited November 11, 2012 in Holy Macro
Hello :-) here are a few photos I shot a couple of weeks ago, I think I've identified the mushrooms correctly but I'm not very clued up about fungi so I could be wrong - feel free to correct me if I am! Shot with my Lumix FZ45.

Laccaria laccata (plus bonus greenfly!):

_1030807_watermarked.jpg

_1030817_watermarked.jpg

Amanita muscaria:

P1030989_watermarked.jpg
Josh :-)
My website - www.hicksphotography.weebly.com
My Pinterest page - http://pinterest.com/jbjammy/

Macro is my favourite :D

Comments

• macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2012
    #1 and #2 might look better if they were cropped (possibly square) to remove some of the detritus (sorry, that's my fave word at present) in the background - some of which is quite bright. The shots seemed to be on f/3.6 as far as I could make out. I would have thought the background would be more blurred than it is on that setting?
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2012
    #1 and #2 might look better if they were cropped (possibly square) to remove some of the detritus (sorry, that's my fave word at present) in the background - some of which is quite bright. The shots seemed to be on f/3.6 as far as I could make out. I would have thought the background would be more blurred than it is on that setting?

It might be if one were closer to the subjects. At this point tighter crops would suffice. thumb.gif.

I love fungi shots. :D
    Don

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2012
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2012
    #1 has such potential. The moss is quite lovely and really frames the 'shrooms well. Detritus (such a yummy word) is always a tough call in the field. At least it is with me. I think that shot could use some clean up, but I wouldn't necessarily get rid of all of it.