Comments

• Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2012
    Awesome article... When was this published? When did Don actually "switch" to digital?

Love the images by Jeff Ascough too, he's one of my favorite wedding photographers of all time... :-)

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2012
    wow - i remember going to an exhibition of his work in London over 10 years ago and seeing his Nikon that was hit by a bullet

will watch the movie when I get home

btw - in the About the Movie it mentions him being a dark soul because war made him dark... guess moving to Canon he's finally embraced the dark side mwink.gifwinkmwink.gif hehehe couldn't help myself :D
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,067 moderator
    edited November 13, 2012
    Awesome article... When was this published? When did Don actually "switch" to digital?

Love the images by Jeff Ascough too, he's one of my favorite wedding photographers of all time... :-)

=Matt=

From the "About the Film" tab from the above link:

"The film was shot in France over the period of eight days in mid-June 2012..."

That is apparently the time that Don was introduced to digital photography. I believe that he is still in the process of "switching" to digital. thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2012
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    ... //

That is apparently the time that Don was introduced to digital photography. I believe that he is still in the process of "switching" to digital. thumb.gif

The film finished with him talking about the gear he was going to get when returning to the UK.

What he actually got ...and when - I've no idea.

pp
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2012
    jasonstone wrote: »
    wow - i remember going to an exhibition of his work in London over 10 years ago and seeing his Nikon that was hit by a bullet

will watch the movie when I get home

btw - in the About the Movie it mentions him being a dark soul because war made him dark... guess moving to Canon he's finally embraced the dark side mwink.gifwinkmwink.gif hehehe couldn't help myself :D
    Foolish one. Everybody knows that Nikon IS the dark side! The "rebel" forces and their silly white lenses are no match for the dark lord!

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
    edited November 13, 2012
    rolleyes1.gif

on a serious note - really enjoyed the film and some cracking shots too
    it's almost like looking at digital photography through the eyes of a child - in the way that a child sees wonder in things we take for granted!
    Foolish one. Everybody knows that Nikon IS the dark side! The "rebel" forces and their silly white lenses are no match for the dark lord!

=Matt=
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,067 moderator
    edited November 13, 2012
    jasonstone wrote: »
    rolleyes1.gif

on a serious note - really enjoyed the film and some cracking shots too
    it's almost like looking at digital photography through the eyes of a child - in the way that a child sees wonder in things we take for granted!

"If you know any photographers,…the joke is the that it’s the finest form of delayed adolescence ever invented." Rick Smolan (Dec 2007) Time/Life/NatGeo photographer.

http://www.ted.com/talks/rick_smolan_tells_the_story_of_a_girl.html
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
    edited November 13, 2012
    Ziggy - thank you very very much for sharing that TED video - have to say the story was just beautiful - restores your faith in the world a little thumb.gif
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    "If you know any photographers,…the joke is the that it’s the finest form of delayed adolescence ever invented." Rick Smolan (Dec 2007) Time/Life/NatGeo photographer.

http://www.ted.com/talks/rick_smolan_tells_the_story_of_a_girl.html
  • Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2012
    Thx for the link !
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2012
    Watched the video, very nice, thanks for sharing.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.