Few more bar pictures

DemianDemian Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
edited November 13, 2012 in People
Alright, I have a couple pictures I took at a bar. Most of the bar had tungsten lights, but the stage (with the podium) had some kind of colored light. I used an external flash, on camera, bounced off ceiling and bounce card.

1. 1/160, f/2.5, ISO 800
i-zH7BXb3-L.jpg

2. 1/160, f/2.5, ISO 800
i-ZXnH5hJ-L.jpg

3. 1/80, f/2.5, ISO 1600
i-JdcWcxn-L.jpg

Opinions? What should I do differently? Most importantly, how are the skin colors? I suck at color correction... these look too red or magenta to me, but if I reduce either it looks too cyan or green :(

Comments

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2012
    yup, way too much orange/green. I suppose the ceiling was colored as well. I don't have great lighting solution when bouncing off colored walls. One thing you can do is convert to BW if the skins are this far off.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • BrettDeutschBrettDeutsch Registered Users Posts: 365 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2012
    Also, clean your sensor! There are some big dust spots on there.
  • DemianDemian Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2012
    Also, clean your sensor! There are some big dust spots on there.

Ugh, I can't believe I didn't notice it. I think it was actually debris of some kind on the surface of the lens (I cleaned it since, and can't detect anything now). Thanks :X

I'm seeing uneven lighting in a lot of them, especially in #1 and #2 (where the left side is magenta, and the right side is green). I'm guessing my only options are:

1. Turn off the flash, dial the shutter down and the ISO up and try to get by on natural light.

2. Dial down the ISO and rely entirely on the flash.

What would you guys do? I know B&W is an option too, but I'd like to avoid that as much as possible.