Tell me if you recognise anyone in this

MavMav Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
edited December 8, 2012 in Cameras
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LApO_BDRE8M&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:D

Comments

• Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2012
    Somewhat funny. To be honest I've seen more people make fun of noob photographers than I have seen actual noob photographers.
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
  • superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2012
    The obsessive foodie photographers seem to be sprouting up every time I go out for even a marginally decent meal lately. Even saw some folks taking I-phone pics of the steaming fajitas at Chile's of all places. shrug..
    Accidents and Inspiration
    One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..
  • jheftijhefti Registered Users Posts: 734 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2012
    Many of us, when we first get a decent camera, think everything is photogenic. I know I used to take pictures of everything and save them! Now I am the master of permanently deleting most of my shots.

I certainly recognize myself a few years ago in this vid.
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2012
    The other night my wife had a work dinner, so I had to fend for myself. I made mac 'n cheese with peas mixed in, and I ate it straight from the pan with the big wooden spoon. I should have taken a pic and put it on fb.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2012
    BFD.

We all have to start somewhere. And we all have different priorities when using a camera.

Why hate on someone who's doing what they enjoy?
  • puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2012
    I'm just annoyed I wasn't told I'd be starring in so many clips - if I'd known, then the Q of money would've been raised ...

pp
  • thegridrunnerthegridrunner Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2012
    I can see a little of myself in the F-Stop Fusspot and the Foreign Correspondent :)
  • joeinmiamijoeinmiami Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited November 27, 2012
    This was funny! It remembered me of an occasion in which I was in a cruise ship taking a "insider's tour" of the ship, in the group was this gentleman with a Nikon, I do not remember what model, but it was a DSLR.
    I noticed him pushing down on the flash when he did not wanted to take a flash photo, so I asked him why he did that, his answer was that the flash came out by itself, I answered that is due to the camera being in Auto and there was insufficient light.

The gentleman did not know that by simply setting up the cameras to "P" would have solve his problem. Some people buy expensive equipment but fails to read the instruction on how to use it.

The gentleman in question was very nice and I volunteer to provide some basic instruction on the use of a DSLR for which he was grateful.

He probably got bad advise when he went to purchase the camera.

Joe thumb.gif
    www.jlm-photos.com
  • joeinmiamijoeinmiami Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited November 27, 2012
    By the way, I do see myself in some of these people, I have been known to lay down on a grassy field to take a photo of a small flower, or discussing the virtues of my equipment, etc.

I guess we all are guilty of doing some of things in the movie!

Joe :ivar
    www.jlm-photos.com
  • SteveFSteveF Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2012
    Ha! That was great.

I've been several of those folks. Key in life is to be able to laugh at yourself.
  • babowcbabowc Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2012
    I've been some, myself. haha, I still kinda am... I tend to take my camera everywhere I go :/
    -Mike Jin
    D800
    16/2.8, f1.4G primes, f2.8 trio, 105/200 macro, SB900.
    It never gets easier, you just get better.
  • puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2012
    joeinmiami wrote: »
    ... I have been known to lay down on a grassy field to take a photo of a small flower ...

Well nigh essential (imo) to get a better pov for many subjects in the natural world. Never ceases to amaze me the No of ppl who won't even consider trying it - at least.

pp
  • spinalcrackerspinalcracker Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited December 8, 2012
    that was great.

But remember you were all noobs at one timewings.gif