Last picture

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited November 17, 2012 in Street and Documentary
DSC01895-XL.jpg

Taken about two months ago just after his 80th, this is the last shot I took of my Father. James passed away just under two weeks ago.

Comments

• Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2012
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I know you're happy about having this picture. My mom passed away in 2009 at 88, three months before her 89th birthday. My wife and I traveled home and, being a photographer, I was able to take a lot of great images. She passed away three weeks later. Being a photographer just has a lot of really neat advantages. Just one question...why is the image so soft? Is this a cell phone picture?
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2012
    I recently experienced the same . My mom cared for him at home and this is where he passed on, but I didn't take any pictures at the request of family, although I wish I would of insisted.
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2012
    I'm so sorry Jen. No matter how old they or we are, it is tough losing a parent. I hope your happy memories of your dad and your photos of him will help you through your sadness. My dad's been gone 24 years on Remembrance day and a day doesn't go by that I don't think of him.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2012
    sorry about your loss. my parents are 90ish. my time is coming. nice shot.
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2012
    The shot is soft because the setting was very dim and I opened everything up, f1.8. It was taken about two months ago just after his 80th in an apparently separate health event. I focussed on the hands which to me still tells the closeness of their relationship. I haven't really processed it all yet. The loss, I mean. Thanks for your thoughts.