Options

Getting the word out to the community and the world

creativeexpressioncreativeexpression Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited November 25, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
Now that the initial work of posting images and pricing has been done and the rudimentaries of ading the polish well underway, what would be the best means of safely getting the word out to the smugmug community and the world. I'm sure that many of you are very experienced in internet based marketing or cooperative marketing, but I am something of a rookie. I am familiar with web rings and link exchange capabilities, but at a very generic level..i.e. I know they exist. But, what are the proven and safest means to actually let folks know you are hear, both within the smugmug community and to buyers in general? Any special settings I need to be sure to check to allow the word to get out, BUT still offer safe viewing?
user_online.gif

Comments

• Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2005
    Keyword your galleries and photos to death.

I have first page google search views linking to me because of it. It is so cool to see analytics of where my hits are gcoming from and see that India, Japan, Columbia, etc, visit my site from a google search.

Smugmug communities. I'm in Birds and Dgrin right now. There are a ton of different ones there for people with similar photography interests.
  • Options
    creativeexpressioncreativeexpression Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited November 25, 2005
    getting the word out to the world
    What am I missing? How does one get the google search initiated? Sorry to be such a rookie? Too, what other ways, tools, resources, site submissions, processe, etc might the rookie investigate to bring folks from across the internet to image galleries and products? It seems that getting the site up and attractive is step one, but unless there is widespread notification and posting of info and access to the site across a wide variety of vehicles, step one results in a pretty site, but nobody knows you're here or what you have to offer. here, I'm not talink so much about just posting the gallery, but active marketing. Thanks SO much!
    Khaos wrote:
    Keyword your galleries and photos to death.

I have first page google search views linking to me because of it. It is so cool to see analytics of where my hits are gcoming from and see that India, Japan, Columbia, etc, visit my site from a google search.

Smugmug communities. I'm in Birds and Dgrin right now. There are a ton of different ones there for people with similar photography interests.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2005