116 idea

rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
edited November 21, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
"Come...We have cookies." The very first thing that popped into my head was this when I saw the theme, the Dark side... I need to do a reshoot, because I literally swiped the cookies and milk out from under my granddaughters nose to make a test run!
What do you think?

Thanks for looking...

Comments

• PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2012
    Looks delicious!! Good idea... nice composition. :)
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • marantophotographymarantophotography Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited November 19, 2012
    Cookies on the dark side, what a great idea. Maybe you have already done this, but I would try moving the light source around just to see if you got anything with more contrast.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2012
    Ooh, night time snack! Nice idea, yum,,,
    Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2012
    Really like this idea for the theme. If doing a re-shoot, I would play with making the milk glass look more clear and crisp and adjust the lighting to see more of the top rim. I like how the rim of the glass mirrors the rim of the plate. I agree that a bump in contrast could be good, or perhaps a different cookie that doesn't register as gray. Anyway, fun image.
  • rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2012
    yes to all of you, lol! As I said, I swiped these for a quick test run. I have chocolate chip cookies and a different glass with a more pronounced pattern, and I will be setting the lighting up a bit more to the side, tomorrow, while stuffing is baking and I have the house to myself...I probably should go hide the cookies, now that I think of it, so they don't end up a midnight snack!
  • sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2012
    Yummmmmmm.........wonder if I'll be able to smell the cookies in the oven all the way here in Indiana? I'd love to see this image a bit less grainy....and I find the repeating curved shape theme quite pleasing.