Some autumn leaf colour

Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
edited November 20, 2012 in Holy Macro
Autumn leaf colour, ornamental cherry and mollis azalea leaves.
Brian V.

8197350028_7e946b985c_o.jpg

8197350062_338b59cd93_o.jpg

8197350096_61da2db920_o.jpg

8197350180_87e56d94be_o.jpg

Comments

• Dr CalohandreDr Calohandre Banned Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2012
    I did this to some leaves from last year and though you are far more accomplished as a macro man than I'll ever be, I don't like yours any more than I liked mine. Mind you, this has nothing to do with the technique, composition or exposure. To me, there are some things which are far better in toto than in microscopic view and I think leaves are one, but if I was to pick one, it would be that nice yellow one.
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2012
    I did this to some leaves from last year and though you are far more accomplished as a macro man than I'll ever be, I don't like yours any more than I liked mine. Mind you, this has nothing to do with the technique, composition or exposure. To me, there are some things which are far better in toto than in microscopic view and I think leaves are one, but if I was to pick one, it would be that nice yellow one.

Thanks for the comments.
    Obviously depends on what you are trying to achieve - I just wanted to capture the colour associated with the fine detail.
    Brian v.
  • Dr CalohandreDr Calohandre Banned Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2012
    And the color is nice...

Part of my issue with yours and I think in a large part with mine is that many years ago when I was schooling to be a physical therapist, I spent a rotation in the burn ward...there's simply too much closeness to skin which has been seared in some of your shots. just gives me the heebie jeebies.
  • superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2012
    I'm not equipped for this degree of macro but I've tried a few things along these lines (with "some" success) with more tropical leaves and sunlight shining through. I like the effect and the photographs. I imagine that at this scale the DOF is razor thin! Nicely done!
    Accidents and Inspiration
    One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2012
    superduckz wrote: »
    I'm not equipped for this degree of macro but I've tried a few things along these lines (with "some" success) with more tropical leaves and sunlight shining through. I like the effect and the photographs. I imagine that at this scale the DOF is razor thin! Nicely done!

Thanks for the comments.
    I did actually try some transmitted light shots and neither the colour or the veining stood out enough for me.
    Brian v.