Options

Facebook question concerning photo "likes"

HelvegrHelvegr Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
edited November 19, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
Couldn't think of the right place to post this, but I figured you pros would have the most knowledge of social media.

So even though I consider myself a hobbyist, I have a Facebook page, mainly so I could separate out people who were interested in seeing my pictures, and people that really were not.

So I posted a picture the other day, and I realized that I had gotten a couple "likes" from people that have not liked my page. They seem to be friends of people that had liked my page.

So my question is this, is there any benefit to a page owner, like me to receive an individual photo like from somebody? The page like, or "fan" makes sense, in that when I post content, fans would see the content. I just can't seem to understand the point of the individual photo like, or a link to a link on my blog.

For the professional is there anyway that these people are used to market to? Or is it just an acknowledgement that somebody saw something they liked, but you'll probably never hear from them again.

Thanks!
Camera: Nikon D4
Lenses: Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikon 50mm f/1.4
Lighting: SB-910 | SU-800