50d In for repair for the third time !!

karloznzkarloznz Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
edited November 21, 2012 in Cameras
I purchased canon 50d 2 and a half years ago. Check the shutter count the other day its at 42k.

Within the first year it was returned to canon for two separate faults - repaired under warranty.

1. Camera would not turn off.
2. The preview button stopped working.

Two weeks ago I got a error 30 the shutter has now failed and its currently with Canon being repaired.

In addition to the the 1.8 50mm lenses was also replace within the first year because of faulty focus ring.

All in all pretty well over canon quality at the moment but have invested too much in the brand and simple cannot afford to change.

Would be interested to know if this is a common scenario ??
Carl Lea Wedding and event photographer - Wellington - Web Site

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited November 20, 2012
    karloznz wrote: »
    My 50D is about three years old with 33k clicks and has been flawless. ne_nau.gif
  • Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2012
    karloznz wrote: »
    I purchased canon 50d 2 and a half years ago. Check the shutter count the other day its at 42k.

Within the first year it was returned to canon for two separate faults - repaired under warranty.

1. Camera would not turn off.
    2. The preview button stopped working.

Two weeks ago I got a error 30 the shutter has now failed and its currently with Canon being repaired.

In addition to the the 1.8 50mm lenses was also replace within the first year because of faulty focus ring.

All in all pretty well over canon quality at the moment but have invested too much in the brand and simple cannot afford to change.

I've got a four year old Rebel XSi (450D) with 76,500 clicks and it's still going strong